Folk who have upgraded their iPhone 4 to iOS 7, but want to revert back to iOS 6, can do it by following the guide written below using iFaith. To downgrade iOS 7 to iOS 6, iOS 6.1.3 or iOS 6.1.2 you must have SHSH blobs saved, to proceed with process which only works for iPhone 4 over iOS 7.
Downgrade iOS 7 to iOS 6
- Install iTunes 11.0.5 or below on your Windows computer. And uninstall iTunes 11.1+ from your computer because in these versions of iTunes, Apple restricted restore to custom iOS firmware.
- Download iOS 6, iOS 6.1.2, iOS 6.1.3 for iPhone 4, selection depends upon the saved SHSH Blobs for the iOS version
- Locally saved SHSH Blobs for iOS
- Download latest iFaith and install it
Launch iFaith, and click on “Build “*signed* IPSW w/ Blobs” option on its screen
Select SHSH Blobs file from your computer, and then select iOS firmware file, which you have downloaded and proceed next, and iFaith will start the process to create a custom IPSW firmware file
Put your iDevice into pwned DFU mode through iFaith’s built-in DFU Pwner, and follow its on screen instructions to do so:
- Press and Hold Power and Home buttons at the same time for 10 seconds
- Release the Power button, but keep pressing Home button until the screen goes blank
- Congratulations, you have successfully entered into DFU mode
Attach your iPhone to computer, launch iTunes and under Devices in the left panel select your iPhone 4
Press and hold “Shift” key and click on “Restore iPhone…”, and select the custom iOS firmware file which is created by iFaith, and let it complete the restore process
Once restore is complete, that means your iPhone 4 is downgraded from iOS 7 to iOS 6, or iOS 6.x.x.