Save your PlayBook apps, media and settings by taking backup using BlackBerry Desktop Software. To take backup of your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet you need to install BlackBerry Desktop Software on you computer, lets see how to Backup BlackBerry Playbook.
Backup BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet
Go to www.blackberry.com/desktop, download and install the BlackBerry Desktop software on you computer.
Connect your PlayBook tablet with computer using data cable that comes with it.
Run BlackBerry Desktop Software on your computer
If you are connecting your PlayBook first time then you will see “Add a New Device” wizard window,
click on “Get started with this device” and set up options for your new device.
While you setting up a new BlackBerry device you can set Device name, Back up, Syncing and some other options.
- Enter device name for PlayBook device
- Check the “Back up my device” option if you want to take back up automatically whenever you connect your device with computer. You can leave this option to take back up manually
- You can also set sync “Media files” option to start syncing when you connect your device with computer
- Set media source and store locations
Hit the Finish button when done
Now choose PlayBook Back up options
- Choose Back up type either “Full” or “Custom” back up
- Type the back up file name, choose the backup file location and if you want to Encrypt backup to secure it, check the “Encrypt backup file” option and enter the password for the file.
Hit the “Back up” button, now this will start taking back up. When back up in progress don’t disconnect your device from computer.
Backup BlackBerry PlayBook manually
When you first setting up your device, If you didn’t choose the option to auto back up on connect then to take back up manually connect you device with computer, run BlackBerry Desktop Software and hit the “Back up now” button as shown below