Apple does not include any buil-in functionality to scan QR codes on iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. So, to do that here is Scan for iOS, a free application available via App Store which let users scan QR codes through camera of iDevice.
QR (Quick Response) code is a black and white pixelated box, which is an optical machine readable label attached to items that records information related to the item or it contains information like web URLs,
email address, contact card, coupons, etc.
Scan for iOS Features
- Forward-facing light for scanning
- History logs (including date and time) of all of your past scans
- Automatically sync your scan history across web, iPod, iPhone, or iPad
- Scan pictures of codes by image upload from camera roll
- Major updates for iPad users
- Portrait mode
- Ability to hide history sidebar
- Use your front camera to scan, just toggle it on in the Settings menu
Download Scan for iPhone and iPod Touch
Download Scan for iPad
Thanks trickyways for sharing of free scan app for iPhone.
Its nice of having scanning QR codes app on iDevice.