Apple just released the final version of macOS Sierra 10.12 after many developers and public testing. Now everyone can get hands on macOS Sierra 10.12 who have compatible macOS Sierra Macs.
Officially macOS Sierra was introduced world wide in June in Developers conference and change the name from OS X to macOS. This OS of Mac has pre-built Siri in the history of Mac OS along with finding and showing files in Finder or instant web searches.
You might be also interested to learn How to Make Bootable USB macOS Sierra 10.12.
macOS Sierra released with many new features like Universal Clipboard, Siri, Auto Unlock, Optimized Storage, Desktop and Documents on all devices, Tabs, Photos app memories, Picture in Picture (PiP), Messages app overhaul, Apple Pay and more.
Learn all the macOS Sierra new features in details.
Universal Clipboard Copy and paste between your devices
- Copy a quote, image, or video from an app on one device and paste it into an app on another device.
Apple Pay Enjoy the convenience and security when you shop on the web
- Complete your purchase with Touch ID on your iPhone or with your Apple Watch.
- Use Apple Pay to make easy, secure payments when shopping in Safari on your Mac.
Tabs Get control of your desktop apps
- Work with tabs in your favorite third-party apps — no developer adoption required.
- Use tabs to manage multiple windows in Maps, Pages, Keynote, Numbers, and more.
Photos app memories Rediscover the most meaningful moments in your Photos library
- Track your photo expeditions across an interactive world map.
- Search your photos by what’s in them, such as beaches, dogs, or concerts, thanks to intelligent search that can recognize objects and scenes.
- View your images by who’s in them. Photos use advanced face recognition technology to automatically group photos of the same person together.
- Enjoy favorite and forgotten occasions from your photo library with Memories.
Messages app overhaul
- View the stickers, Digital Touch, invisible ink, and handwritten messages that friends send from their iOS devices.
- Express yourself with 3x larger emoji.
- Respond to messages with quick, handy Tapbacks.
- See web content previews and watch web videos right in a conversation.
Apple Music experience in iTunes
- Discover great new music thanks to expert curtain and advanced machine learning that give you the best recommendations.
- Easily navigate your library with the redesigned Apple Music.
Picture in Picture (PiP) Keep an eye on the big game or your favorite video
- Place the Picture in Picture window in any corner, and it stays put when you switch spaces or work in full screen.
- Float a video window from Safari or iTunes over your desktop as you work.
Desktop and Documents on all devices Access files on your Mac desktop from your iPhone with iCloud
- Additional tools help you remove files you don’t need, to save even more space.
- Automatically store seldom-used files in iCloud, where they’ll be available on demand.
- Keep the same desktop and Documents folder on your other Mac. Easily free up space on your Mac with Optimized Storage.
- Automatically store all the files on your desktop and in your Documents folder in iCloud, and access them from all your devices.
Some features may not be available in all languages or all regions, Some require an iCloud storage plan and Some features have hardware requirements.
You can download final version of macOS Sierra which is available free of charge on Apple App Store.