When things go wrong as they sometimes will, when you want to smile but you have to sigh, do not worry we will not let you and your iPhone go down. There is always a way to put iPhone into recovery mode so that your iPhone can be restored.
The new iPhones are coming without the home button so the procedure of putting new iPhones like iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max into recovery mode is a bit different than the old ones due to the absence of home button.
So without wasting a single second let’s move to the procedure. Before taking any step further, you first need to know the difference between recovery mode and DFU mode.
DFU stands for device firmware update mode. This mode comes to help whenever you want to upgrade the IOS firmware or you want to downgrade your iPhone to the previous update. it also helps the user to unjailbreak their iPhones. Whenever an iPhone shows DFU mode, its screen would be totally black.
Having differences with the DFU mode, recovery mode is actually an ensure way for the user to install the approved version of firmware. It can be considered as the official way of handling the iPhones. Whenever an iPhone shows recovery mode, the screen of it would be showing a sign of connect to iTunes.
Put in recovery mode iPhone XS / XS Max
Let’s come straight to the business. Follow the steps one by one in order to put your iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max into recovery mode.
- First of all, you need to update your iTunes software to its latest release which is currently running on your PC or Mac.
- Connect your iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max to your Mac or PC using the cable.
- Now, try to hard reset your iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max while iPhone is successfully connected to your Mac. in order to perform hard reset,
- press the Volume Up button, then quickly press the Volume Down button and then press and hold the Side button till it restarts and then you would see the sign showing Connect to iTunes on the screen of your iPhone.
- When the sign appears, it shows that your iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max both have been successfully are in the recovery mode.
- iTunes will now open a window showing you the options of updating your devices to the latest version (if the update is out) or if you want to restore.
it’s all up to you whether you want to update your iPhone or want to restore it. if you want to update your device and do not have any backup, try to update it without erasing any data. If you have issues with your device then you may need to restore it and need to delete all the existing data in order to solve the current running issues in the device.
if you want to go back from the recovery mode, just disconnect your iPhone from your Mac, press the side button to power it up again. Have fun with your iPhone.