Microsoft Windows is the most popular desktop operating system. Windows 10 makes it very easy to share files or folders with other computers over the same network. Today I will show you how to share files and folders over the same network in Windows 10.
Prerequisites sharing files and folders
- Before we start, you will need to make sure that both of the computers are connected to the same network. This tutorial does not cover sharing files between two Windows 10 computers without a network device. You will need to have a network device connecting both computers.
See also: How to run Windows from a USB drive
How to Share files and folders in Windows 10
- First of all, right-click on the file or folder that you want to share over the network and click Properties.
- Open the Sharing tab and click on the Share… button.
- Type Everyone in the text field and click on the Add button.
- Click on the small arrow next to the permission level and select Read/Write. If you do not wish to allow write access to other users, you can select Read.
- Click on the Share button.
- Now back on the properties window, click the Security tab and click on the Edit… button.
- Select Everyone from the list of “Group or user names”, Click the checkbox next to the “Full Control” permission and then click OK.
- Now you can access the file or folder from any computer or mobile device. All you need to do is open the Network access and you will find the files or folders listed under your computer name.
That’s it for this quick tutorial on How to Share Files and Folders Over a Network in Windows 10. If you found this tutorial to be useful, then make sure to share it with others, and also don’t forget to follow us on Twitter for more useful tutorials like this.