When you pin a conversation in the Messages app this will stay at the top. This is a new feature Apple added in iOS 14 that allows users to pin and unpin conversations in Messages that allow you to locate important conversations easily at the to of the messages list. Let’s see how to pin and unpin the conversations in the Messages app.
How to Pin Conversations in Messages
You can pin the conversations easily using the following three different ways. If you are running iOS 14 or later then you are good to go.
Swipe and Pin
- Open up the Messages app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Swipe-Right on any conversation to view the pin option.
- Tap the yellow Pin icon to lock the conversation on the top.
- Open the Messages app on your device.
- Tap and hold the conversation that you want to pin on the top.
- You will see a menu, Tap the Pin option from the menu. You will notice the selected conversation is pinned to the top.
This method is good to pin multiple conversations at a time.
- Once you are in the Messages app, Tap the Edit option top-left corner of the screen.
- Tap the “Edit Pins” option from the menu.
- You will see a Pin icon on the right side of all the message conversations. Tap the yellow pin icon to stick the specific conversation on the top.
- You can pin 9 conversations to the top in the Messages app. These conversations may be one on one or group discussions including SMS and iMessages.
- The pinned conversation will no longer available in the list of messages below. You always have to access them from the top
Unpin Conversations in Messages
When you are in the Messages app, Tap and hold the Pinned contact icon to view the menu and then Tap the “Unpin” option.
You can also Tap the Edit option on the top-left corner, Tap Edit Pins options from the menu. You will see the pinned icons starts jiggle, tap the minus icon on the contact to unpin it.