Do you know If you are running iOS 14 then you can translate web pages in Safari? Apple Introduced a Translate app which you can use to translate languages, and Safari is also proficient to translate web page to different languages.
When you are visiting a webpage that Safari can translate, it will detect automatically and allow you to translate it to your preferred language. If you want to know how to translate webpage in Safari then keep reading.
How to translate webpage in Safari
At the moment Apple locked this feature for USA and Canada only and Apple might add more supported languages later.
Supported languages: The languages that you can translate include support for English, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, French, German, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Open up the Safari app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Now type the URL of the webpage that you want to translate.
- Once the page is loaded tap the aA icon on the left side of the address bar, From the menu tap “Translate to <Language>” option.
NOTE: This feature is in beta stage and you might have some issues using it. If you don’t see this option, as I already told above, right now this feature is available to US and Canada users.
- This might prompt you to enable the translation feature on your device. Just tap the “Enable Translation” option.
- If you are viewing the translated version of the page and want to go back to the original webpage. Just tap the aA option again and tap the “View Orignal” option from the menu. If you think the translated page isn’t showing correctly or have mistakes in the translated content, you can report it from the same menu by just tapping on the “Report Translation Issue” option.
Add more language to translate in Safari webpages
Preferred language order is the section under Language and Region settings where you need to add additional languages if want to translate web text in more languages. Here is how to add more language on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 14 or later.
- Open up the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to General and then tap the Languages & Region option.
- Here, under the “Preferred language order section”, tap Add Language…, simply select a language from the list.
- Tap “Keep <your preferred language>” option so this new language will be added as additional translation language.
I found peoples are commenting, this feature should be available to other countries as well. Tell us what do you think about this new iOS 14 feature to translate the webpage in different languages.