Do you prefer to use a local user account in Windows? Here you will see how to create a local user without a Microsft email address and then sign in to it in Windows 11.
When you use a local account in Windows 11
If you decided to create a local account in Windows 11, you must know a few things you going to miss. A list of features in Windows 11 required a Microsoft account. You can’t sync your Microsoft account’s data and settings across all your device without using a Microsoft account. Find my device feature will not work with the local account on Windows. Also if you want to install apps or games from the Store you need to use the Microsoft account.
Still, want to use a local account on your Windows 11 PC? Continue reading and follow all the steps given below.
Create a local user account in Windows 11
- Right-click on the Start button and click the Settings option from the menu.
- On the Settings windows click the Accounts option of the left and then on the right side, scroll down a bit and click Family & other users option.
- Next, click the Add account button under the Other users section as you can see below in the screenshot.
- This will prompt you to enter the Email or Phone, you just select the option “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.”
- On the next screen click the “Add a user without a Microsoft account.” option.
- Next on the Create a user for this PC screen, Enter the username and password and click the Next button.
- Now, you have successfully created a local user account on Windows 11.
Sign in to local account Windows 11
To switch to the newly created local user account, click the Start button > click the user name icon this will show you a menu with a list of available users. Select the user name you just created.
You can also sign out first from the Start button and then from the Sign-in screen you can select the user name, enter the password.
When you sign in to a new user the first time, it will take a few minutes to complete the initial setup. You will see a message on the screen “This might take a few minutes.” So, be patient and wait for it to complete the process.
Next, you will be asked to choose privacy settings for the device. So, choose the settings as you like and click the Next button.
That’s it you will be landed on the desktop of the new local user in Windows 11.