A simple way to find all the large files on your PC. Running low on disk space and you will see the low disk space message. This is one of the most annoying things on your PC specially when you are working on something important or when you trying to transfer files on your computer that is larger than the available space.
In Windows 11 and 10, Microsoft already has built-in tools under Settings to tackle low storage space issues. Microsoft also has an app with name PC Manager that allows you to run your pc at the optimum level by measuring the metrics and giving different suggestions and you take action accordingly.
In the PC Manager app, you can boost your PC’s performance by doing Health checks, Storage management, Process management, and controlling Startup apps in Windows. In this guide, you will see how PC Manager can help us find larger files on your PC whenever you get low on disk space.
Installing PC Manager on your Windows Device
- First, download and install the Microsoft PC Manager app. Go to https://pcmanager.microsoft.com/ page and click the Download button as shown below.
- Once the setup file is downloaded on your PC, double-click to run it.
- Click the Yes button on the User Account Control window to allow make changes.
- Next, click the “I accept End User…” check box and the Install button to start installing the PC Manager.
- Let the setup complete the installation on your PC.
- Once you see the Installation is completed, click the Launch Now button to open the PC Manager.
Now, you just completed the PC Manager installation and it’s ready to use. The next step is to find the largest files on your PC that take up huge storage space and delete them if you want.
Using PC Manager to Find and Delete Large Files
- Once you are on the main screen of PC Manager, click the Cleanup tab in the button left corner.
- Next, to see the storage related options click Storage management
- Click the Manage large files option as shown below. This option will help you to search for large files in the system drive where you have installed the Windows.
- Now, you can select the size and type of files to search for.
Let’s say I want to search for files that are greater than 1GB in size and in any type like video, audio, picture, document, etc.
After choosing the search criteria click the View in File Explore button.
- This will open up the File Explorer windows and may take some time to search for specific files in the drive. Once, the search is completed you will see a list of files according to your search criteria similar to this screenshot.
Was that helpful?
If you found this guide helpful or you have any questions in mind please do leave a comment below.