Jailbreak for iOS 4.1 is available now, you can use Limera1n to jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G. Limera1n jailbreak is available for Windows and Mac. Lets see how to Jailbreak iOS 4.1.
- I recommend you to read all steps first and understand them (if you don’t understand anything write a comment below).
- Restore iOS 4.1 firmware on your iPhone or iPod Touch device. iPod Touch user don’t need to worry, if you are iPhone user and depend on unlock then don’t update iPhone to iOS 4.1 firmware, because this iOS 4.1 update will upgrade your iPhone baseband and at the moment Ultrasn0w doesn’t support lastest baseband unlock.
- However, iPhone 4 users can upgrade iPhone 4 to iOS 4.1 without upgrading the baseband and then jailbreak and unlock iPhone 4 with UltraSn0w.
How to Jailbreak iOS 4.1
First you need to update your iDevice to iOS 4.1 firmware, do it according to your device.
- iPhone 4 users follow this link to update iPhone 4 to iOS 4.1 firmware without upgrading baseband (then come back here to step-2).
- iPhone 3GS users can jailbreak but, unlock is not available for iPhone 3GS at the moment, so don’t do that.
- iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G users update iOS 4.1 firmware.
Download limera1n and save it on Desktop.
Run Limera1n.exe and hit the “make it ra1n” button.
Wait for limera1n to detect your device.
Your device will start entering into recovery mode.
Limera1in will ask to “hold home + power” buttons simultaneously, do it till it changes the message.
Only release the “Power/Sleep” button of your device and keep holding the “Home” button.
Your device will be in DFU Mode now.
Limera1n will start jailbreak process (be patient) and Limera1n logo will appear on your device screen :).
A “done” message will appear on your computer.
Limera1n will turn your device Off then you need to turn it On.
- Find the Limera1n icon available on your device, Tap Limera1n icon from your device and there will be an option to install Cydia, so tap Cydia and tap install buton to install it.
- When Cydia installation finished, turn Off your device by holding the Power/Sleep button and then turn On your device.
You are done! you successfully jailbreak iPhone 4 / iPhone 3GS / iPod Touch 3G / iPod Touch 4G.
If you are iPhone user you need to do one more step and that is Unlock iPhone 4.