iH8Sn0w has released Sn0wBreeze 2.8 b11 with some bug fixes and support to jailbreak recently released iOS 5.0.1 update. Sn0wbreeze jailbreak tool only works for Windows and creates custom firmware to jailbreak iDevices and also preserves iPhone baseband.
Sn0wbreeze 2.8 b11 Fixes and Improvements:
- Supports iOS 5.0 (9A334)/5.0.1 (9A405)
- Fixed iBooks sandbox crashing issues (as of 2.8b9)
- Fixed location services issues with iPhone 3GS users running the iPad baseband (as of 2.8b9)
- Re-added iPad baseband install option to iPhone 3GS
- Tethered devices are booted via iBooty which is extracted to the Desktop after running sn0wbreeze
Sn0wbreeze 2.8 b11 is tethered jailbreak for following devices and untethered jailbreak only for iPhone 3GS (old bootrom).
- iPhone 3GS (new bootrom)
- iPhone 4 (GSM/CDMA)
- iPod Touch (3G/4G)
- iPad 1
Sn0wbreeze 2.8 b11 does not work for iPhone 4S and iPad 2.
Download Sn0wBreeze v2.8b11 for Windows