The iPhone Dev Team has released their jailbreak tool RedSn0w 0.9.9b9 for Windows and Mac with some updates and support for APTickets and iOS 5.0.1.
RedSn0w 0.9.9b9 New Features
- Native support for 5.0.1 (no need to point redsn0w at 5.0 IPSW or use command-line args). Support automatically extends to all of redsn0w’s various functions: “Jailbreak”, “Just boot”, “Fetch blobs”, “Stitch blobs”, “Recovery Fix”
- iBooks fixed in 5.0 and 5.0.1. This is a targeted fix that doesn’t remove entire sandbox mechanism. 5.x users already using redsn0w “Just Boot” can just use the new version without redoing entire jailbreak again
- 3GS old-bootrom owners can now create custom IPSWs without blobs
- Ultrasn0w compatability update (i.e. same baseband requirements) for 5.0.1 will be available on Cydia soon
- Support for newer 8GB iPhone4 (which until now had problems with “Fetch blobs”).
- Allows Windows users (not just OS X users) to use the “Custom” button to create IPSWs without baseband updates.
- Accommodates APTickets in 5.x (until next Apple countermove). APTickets are crypto-verified before submitting to Cydia, just like the main blobs. Cydia server support for sending back the APTickets is upcoming. For now, use stitched IPSWs for 5.x. Due to APTickets, stitched 5.x IPSWs now require user to start in “Pwned DFU” mode
- Support added for stitching 4.x blobs to iPad2-GSM IPSWs. Similar to @notcom’s TinyCFW but doesn’t require lots of RAM or a TSS-assisted restore. Won’t work for iPad2 5.x blobs (or iPhone4S at all) until a bootrom-level exploit is out
- Top line now shows whether (and where) a redsn0w update is available, or if the version being run is the latest. Uses DNS TXT record to alleviate any concerns about snooping
- No 5.1 beta support at this time (major apps like Cydia are not yet compatible)
- Owners of newer 3GS iPhones must not flash the iPad baseband. The iPad baseband will not work on 3GS iPhones built later than 2011 week 35. You have a week 35 or later device if your serial # starts with xx135
- Enables “Custom” button for Windows users, and make the 3GS week 35 warning a more explicit part of the process