Microsoft Edge web browser introduced in Windows 10 and its still footing in the market. When Microsoft Edge isn’t working and crashing then you may want to reset settings to default. Loading browser’s default settings will fix some issue and glitches that may effects to your browsing. If you are facing any unknown issue with Microsoft Edge then you should try to reload settings to default options.
Clear Microsoft Edge Data
In Windows 10 you know how to install and uninstall apps but this method will not work for built-in Windows apps like Microsoft Edge. You can try this method and check if this works for you or not.
- First open Microsoft Edge and open Setting from top-right side more menu.
- Scroll down until you find ‘Choose what to clear’ and then clear what you want.
- By default three options just checked Browsing History, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files. To reset entire Edge browser, just check all of them and click on clear.
Fix Microsoft Edge Isn’t Working
If you experience Microsoft Edge is not opening, then you have to try to reset it manually which mean this part is more advanced but will helps you to solve your problem. When you followed previous method from Settings, this method only remove user data like history, cookies, cache, etc but clearing this stuff may not enough to run edge browser smoothly. So we need to remove other files that my be corrupted and the reason of Microsoft Edge isn’t working.
- Firs open Run window to open a specific path press
Win+Rkeys and type
appdatain the Run window and hit Enter. This will open the user’s AppsData folder in Windows File Explorer.
- After that open the following folders
Local > Packages > Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbweand delete all of its content.
Basically this folder contains all the app date related to Edge browser that you delete manually. Don’t worry when you re-run Edge browser this will recreate all the required files that required to run browser initially.