Apple released new version of Mac OS at WWDC 2016 event which was held in San Francisco on 13th June and its new OS name is macOS Sierra. Final version will be rolled out this fall.
Many Mac owners are waiting for this macOS Sierra release to check macOS new features but not all of them will be able to install it due to compatibility issue. Many older Mac devices are cut off from compatibility list. and this version is not compatible with all the Mac that can run current OS X.
macOS Sierra 10.12 Compatible Mac List
Following Macs can run macOS Seirra 10.12
- MacBook Pro (2010 and later)
- MacBook Air (2010 and later)
- Mac Mini (2010 and later)
- Mac Pro (2010 and later)
- MacBook (Late 2009 and later)
- iMac (Late 2009 and later)
How to check Mac for macOS Sierra Compatibility
- First open the Apple menu from top-left corner and choose About This Mac.
- Now in the overview tab, look for model and year of your Mac which will be something like this “Macbook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009)”.
- So if the mac modal is same or later than what is shown in macOS Sierra Compatibility list then your Mac is Compatible with macOS Sierra 10.12.