iPhone has a lot to offer to his users as the company has already introduced the best feature of current time that is Dual SIM with Nano-SIM and an eSIM. An eSIM provides you the facility of using another cellular plan from your carrier without having another physical SIM. This feature is only being introduced for iPhone XS, iPhone XR, and iPhone XS Max.
You can use two SIMs in a single iPhone. You can use one number for your personal use and another you can use for business or office work. You have an edge of using separate data plans and voice plans according to your needs. You can receive calls on both of your numbers so both numbers will be activated on your iPhone but you can only use one data network at a time.
Before going any further, make sure that:
- You have the latest version of iOS (12.1 or above). The first public version of iOS update doesn’t support eSIM.
- You need to have a QR code from your Carrier. You can use the carrier’s app for this purpose or you can add information on your own.
- Your wireless carrier must be supporting eSIM technology. If you want to use your iPhone outside your country, you must have an unlocked iPhone for this purpose.
Let’s start with the process of installing an Esim
With QR CODE
- Unlock your iPhone, Go to Settings.
- Tap on Cellular to Add the cellular plan.
- You are adding your plan having a QR code, so scan a QR code that your carrier has provided you with the help of your iPhone’s camera
- If the process asks you for the activation code, type the activation code which your carrier has provided you.
- As you have installed the eSIM, now label your plan according to your ease. You can label anyone as work/business and another one as personal. It helps you to know that on which number is receiving a message or a call.
USING CARRIER’S APP
Another way of installing an Esim is with the help of carrier’s app. For this, you need to
- Install the carrier’s app on your iPhone if you don’t have it already.
- Open the app, look for the plan according to your need and purchase it.
- The app will look for your iPhone and check whether your iPhone supports an Esim or not.
- Follow the direction provided by an app. After purchasing the plan, label the plans according to your ease. you can label anyone as work/business and another one as personal. It helps you to know that on which number is receiving a message or a call.
If you want to add Esim information on your own, you can do it.
- Unlock your iPhone, Go to settings.
- Tap on cellular, scroll down a little and tap on Add a cellular plan.
- There you will find an option of adding the details manually.
- Enter the information according to requirements. The information which you carrier has provided you like a phone and other information.
- After adding the information, do not forget to label your plan according to your ease. You can label anyone as work/business and another one as personal. It helps you to know that on which number is receiving a message or a call.
THIS IS HOW YOUR PLAN WORKS
After having the dual number on your iPhone, then the task to do is to choose which number will be your default one and how both lines will work. You can choose according to your need. The default number or the line which you will choose will be using iMessage and FaceTime app automatically. This how your lines would work.
- If you use Primary as your default line then your Primary line will be the default for voice, SMS, iMessage, FaceTime, and data and your Secondary line will only be working for voice and SMS services.
- If you use Secondary as your default line then your Secondary line will be the default for voice, SMS, iMessage, FaceTime, and data and your Primary line will only be working for voice and SMS services.
- You can use Secondary for cellular data only then your Primary line will be used for voice, SMS, iMessage, and FaceTime, while your Secondary line will be used only for non-iMessage and non-FaceTime data.