Windows 10 feature named Focus assist is a very handy feature that helps you to minimize or even completely stop notification, while you are working, playing games, watching movies or presenting something important to someone.
This feature is not newly introduced, it was known as Quiet hours in the previous versions of Windows but with this new name Focus assist, and there are also new features and improvements. Such as automatically activated according to your rules. This feature is something like do not disturb feature but more powerful in Windows 10. It has plenty of options to customize as you need.
Here in this article, we will go through the steps, how to enable Focus to assist in Windows 10 and let’s see how this works.
How to enable/disable and configure focus assist in Windows 10
- First, open Windows Settings by simply press the Windows key + I shortcut.
- On the Settings window, click on System.
- Now click on Focus assist from the left menu.
- Here, you will see three different options. Choose which notification you would like to see and hear so that you can stay focused. The rest will go straight to Action Centre where you can see them at any time.
OFF: Get every notification from your apps and contacts.
Priority Only: See only selected notifications from the priority list. The rest will go straight to the action center.
Alarm Only: Gide all notifications, except for alarms.
- You can configure priority only option by clicking on customizes your priority list.
- Now add or remove apps, peoples and linked devices, which want to show a notification or which ones you want to block.
Configure automatic rules in focus assist
This feature helps you to activate focus assist automatically after setting the rules. Choose the times and activities when you don’t want to be disturbed and focus assist will turn on automatically. All you have to do is simply set these four options as you required. Click on each one and it will move you to the next screen with more configuration options.
After setting everything you can also turn on and off focus assist by simply clicking on the action center icon and click on Focus assist.
Tell us how do you use the focus assist in your daily work routine, Is this helpful. Please write a comment below.