Google released a new beta version of Android N two months early. Google announced with debut of Android N beta that allows users with eligible or supported devices can received this Android preview build as OTA (over the air) update which means you can download and install right from your phone without losing any kind of data and no need to perform manual installation using any software.
Android N beta is only available to nexus devices that were only released within last 2 years including new Pixel C. List of Nexus devices that support Android N beta preview
- Nexus 5X
- Nexus 6
- Nexus 9
- Nexus 6P
- Nexus Player
- Pixel C
If you have one of these devices, then you can get new Android preview. Beta updates released as OTA, which means additional restrictions maybe apply while installation. If you have rooted, installed custom kernels, Xposed Framework, custom recovery or modify original Android stock ROM any way, then you won’t be able to receive or apply Beta updates. Those who flashed this beta update manually, will not be notified or receive any further updates on their devices.
Signing-Up for Android N beta
- First you need to sign-up for Android N Beta program from link given below and just make sure you use the same account that using on Nexus device.
Sign-Up for Android N beta. Enter your Google account pass for verification.
- Now scroll down and click on ‘Enroll Device’ button and check the ‘I agree’ box then select ‘Join Beta’ button.
- After that you will receive Android N beta update notification. If you don’t received update notification simply navigate to Settings > About phone > System updates and check for updates. This may take 24 hours, so keep checking until you get this update.
- Now tap to ‘Download’ to start downloading Android Beta Program.
Enrolling Back to Marshmallow from Android N Beta Program
Note: Enrolling back will wipe all of your data so make sure you have backed-up everything.
- If you don’t like beta version or don’t want to be a part of Android N beta program then to enroll back to previous version of Android. Open the given link above in first step of signing up and sign-in with same account that you using on your device.
- Now scroll down and click on ‘Unenroll Device’ and on the next page click on ‘Leave Beta’ button. You will receive a new update notification. just install it to get back to stable version of Android.