BlackBerry’s dedicated messaging service, BBM makes its way to iOS and Android smart devices, and the app is available as a free download via App Store and Google Play Store respectively.
• Immediately know when your messages have been delivered (D’s) and read (R’s)
• Know when contacts are responding to your message
• Say it with a variety of emoticons for every mood and emotion.
Chat and Share with many at once:
• Groups – Create or join a group and chat, share pictures lists, and appointments with the whole group. You can even be in a group with people who aren’t part of your BBM contact list.
• Multi-chat – Invite multiple contacts to participate in a chat together.
• Broadcast – Send a message to multiple BBM contacts at one time.
There’s more to share with BBM:
• Share voice notes
• Share photos
• Share URLs
Personalize your Profile and keep it fresh:
• Choose a different profile picture and update your personal status whenever you want, in an instant – so your profile will always reflect the way that you feel.
• Profile pictures (avatars) can be updated using images, pictures or even animated pictures (GIFs).
Stay in control:
• With 2-way opt-in, you have control over who messages you.
• Invites via PIN/QR mean that there is no need to share e-mail or phone number if you prefer not to, which provides control over how you are contacted.
Coming Soon: BBM Channels, BBM Voice & BBM Video.
BBM is compatible with iDevices over iOS 6+. Right now BBM for iPhone is available for download via Australia, Japan, New Zealand and Singapore App Store and soon it will be rolled out internationally.
BBM for Android works over Android devices with Ice Cream Sandwich, and Jelly Bean. BBM for Android is not available yet, but it will be released in few hours.