Apple rolled out the update to its latest Mobile OS iOS 8. After the release of iOS 8 the very first update was rolled out 8.0.1 but it was soon pulled out as on updating many of the iOS devices specially iPhone 6 and 6 Plus acted weird. As after updating iPhone 6 and 6 Plus had no cellular service and the touch ID was malfunctioning and making it completely useless. It was complained by many iOS users and according to Apple 40,000 iOS devices were affected and released an official document on how to fix the issue. iOS 8.0.1 was expected to resolve the issues and kill bugs in iOS 8 but the update was a failure as it turned a smartphone in to an expensive paper weight.
See also: Downgrade iOS 8 to iOS 7
But Apple is well known for its customer care and earlier today after few hours of iOS 8.0.1 was pulled out Apple rolled out iOS 8.0.2 which came up with fixing No service issue and fixing touch ID. So those of you who have not downgraded your phone you are in luck you don’t need to reset your devices completely. You can get the update to iOS 8.0.2 via OTA, iTunes or direct download links are given below.
Here is the complete change log of iOS 8.0.2
- Fixes no cellular service and touch ID issues caused by iOS 8.0.1 in iPhone 6 and 6 plus.
- Fixes a bug now health kit apps are available at app store.
- Fixes an issue where third party keyboards were de selected while entering passcode.
- Fixes an issue when photos were not accessible to some apps.
- Improves reachability features
- Fixing issues of data usage while sending and receiving SMS/MMS messages.
- Improvement in ASK to buy in family sharing for in App purchases.
- Fixes an issue where ringtones were sometimes not restored from iCloud backups.
- Fixes a bug that prevented uploading photos and videos from Safari.
Direct Download links
iPad Air 5th Generation WiFi + Cellular / WiFi / CDMA
iPad 4th Generation CDMA / GSM / WiFi
iPad Mini 2 WiFi + Cellular / WiFi / CDMA
iPad 3 Wi-Fi (3rd generation) / Wi-Fi + Cellular (AT&T) Wi-Fi + Cellular (Verizon)
iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A) / Wi-Fi / Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM) / Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
So if you are effected with iOS 8.0.1 update now iOS 8.0.2 comes up with a bundle of bug fixes it is a must have update.