After few beta updates to OS X 10.10.1 Yosemite, finally Apple released final version of OS X 10.10.1 for everyone. Apple already mentioned WiFi and Mail App problem in Beta releases and now final version of OS X 10.10.1 is released with different bug fixes and enhancements including WiFi, Mail app, Time Machine, Security and Stability.
This update is only for the users who running OS X Yosemite 10.10. We suggest you to use Time Machine to back up your system first and then install OS X 10.10.1 update on Mac, you can download and install OS X 10.10 from App Store.
- Open Mac App Store
- Click the Updates tab and here you will see all the available updates for OS X.
- Here click the Update button to start download and installing OS X 10.10.1 for Yosemite.
About OS X 10.10.1 Update
The OS X Yosemite v10.10.1 Update improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. This update:
- Improves Wi-Fi reliability
- Improves reliability when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server
- Resolves an issue that may prevent Mail from sending messages through certain email service providers
- Addresses an issue prevents connecting to remote computers using Back to My Mac
- Resolves an issue where sharing services, Notification Center widgets and Actions may not be available
- Addresses an issue that could cause Notification Center settings to not be retained after a restart
- Addresses an issue that might prevent the Mac App Store from displaying certain updates
- Addresses an issue that could prevent some Mac mini computers from waking from sleep
- Resolves an issue that might prevent Time Machine from displaying older backups
- Addresses an issue that might prevent entering text in Japanese