You might also getting “Not registered on Network” message on your Android device when trying to make a call or sending a message. Then I explore little bit and found that I am not alone having this problem, some other people also getting this error message on their Samsung Note, Galaxy S series and some other Android devices. I was getting this message when I inserted SIM card in my Samsung Galaxy S3 T-Mobile phone and try to dial a number.
Fix Not Registered on Network problem
Reason of this message on Android devices is, you may accidentally selected wrong Network type on your device. As in my case I shared my device with kids and definitely they did that and changed the network settings, I would suggest you to restrict kids from modifying settings. To fix this “Network registration” problem, solution is very simple let’s see.
- Open Android Settings by pressing Menu button and then “Settings” option.
- Tap “More settings” > “Mobile networks”
Note: In this step If you don’t see Network Mode option, skip this and see Change Network Heading below.
- Here, you can see the selected network mode is “WCDMA only” which is the cause of error message not registered on network. I am using a GSM network SIM card so i need to change it accordingly. Tap “Network mode” option and then choose GSM only, if you are confused and don’t know about these options just choose “GSM/WCDMA (Auto mode)” option as shown below.
- After choosing correct network mode options wait for a minute or reboot your device and let it register on network.
Change Network Mode from Testing menu
If “Network Mode” option is not available in the Settings then you can change it from Android testing menu.
*#*#4636#*#*from phone dialer to access Testing menu and then Tap “Device information” option.
- Scroll down little bit and then tap the “Network type” drop-down menu. Choose the option according to your network type or choose an Auto option.
Exit from the Testing menu and then reboot your device. If you successfully able to fix this problem then please leave comment below with your device and carrier names or you found another method to fix the problem share that as well.