If your Samsung Galaxy S6 is not responding to touch and frozen suddenly. This usually happens due to any Android bug, installed apps problem or any hardware issue. To solve this problem you can perform either soft or factory reset (hard reset) on your phone. Soft resetting phone will not delete and data from your phone, but factory reset will erase all the data from memory and bring Galaxy S6 back to original factory settings.Reboot froze Galaxy S6
You can remove the battery and interrupts the power supply of Galaxy S6 phone solve the problem. But in Galaxy S6 model, removing the battery is not easy.
- Turn off and then turn it on. Press and hold the Power button of the device for about 10 seconds and the phone will automatically turn off. Turn on Galaxy S6 again using the power button.
- You can also try rebooting device by pressing
Power + Volume-Downbuttons for 8 seconds.
Now check if your problem solved. If still facing some technical problems with Galaxy S6 even your have performed the soft reset on your device then you should try to hard reset Galaxy S6.
Hard reset Galaxy S6 with buttons
You can perform hard reset either from Android menu or use hardware button on the device. If you can’t access Android OS or device is not responding to touch then, of course, you have to reset the phone using buttons. To hard reset Samsung Galaxy S6 you need to get your device into recovery mode.
- Turn your device off, press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds.
- When your device turned off, press and hold the
Home + Volume-Up + Powerkeys simultaneously.
- Now when you see Samsung logo on the screen just release the Power button and keep holding the other two keys
Home and Volume-Up.
- After few seconds you will be in Android recovery mode, now release the Home and Volume-Up keys as well.
- To navigate into the recovery mode you can use Volume up and down keys and select an option use Power button. So, press Volume down to navigate to “Wipe data/factory reset” option and press the Power button to select it.
- Again navigate down and select Yes to start the factory reset process on Galaxy S6.
Once resting process started, stay calm and wait for it to complete the S6 reset process.
Factory Reset Galaxy S6 from Settings
There is built-in Android option to factory reset Samsung Galaxy S6. Go to Android Settings → Backup and reset → Factory data reset → RESET DEVICE → ERASE EVERYTHING.
This will reboot the device and factory reset your device.
How to Enter and Exit Download Mode
Download mode is used to install firmware on your device and given by default in Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. When you install firmware using Samsung Kies, you phone automatically put into this mode. When you want to install any custom firmware then you need to put you phone into download mode manually. Follow these steps to enter or exit download mode.
Enter Into Download Mode Galaxy S6
When you phone is turned off, press and hold
Power + Home + Volume-Down buttons simultaneously until you see a blue screen. Now, press the Volume-Up button to get into Download Mode.
Galaxy S6 Exit Download Mode
Due to any reason if you want to exit from this mode then press and hold
Power + Home + Volume-Down + Volume-Up buttons and keep holding until you phone rebooted. You might need to exit from download mode when you stuck into download mode, failed to install firmware or changed your mind.
Feel free to contact us and ask any questions using the form given below, Thanks.