How many have used iOS 9? I agree, it looks pretty much like iOS 8 but with some features new. For example, new iPads have got split screens and new iPhones have introduced 3D touch. No matter how advance they have built this technology, it will always come with some flaws; same is the case with iOS 9. But the good news is that these problems are always followed with some solutions. In this article, we have mentioned some of the most common bugs, issues or problems in iOS 9 and how you can fix them easily.
Note: Updating to latest iOS release may solve your problem so, if you are using iSO 9, 9.0.1, 9.0.2, or 9.x before applying any specific solution to the problem given below, you should update iOS to latest release. Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
Stuck on Upgrade Screen
iOS 9 Slide to upgrade screen bug may occurs when you have updated your device to iOS 9 or restored from a backup.
If you already using iOS 9:
- To fix this problem you need to update your current iOS 9 to iOS 9.0.1 or later. Follow these steps to update your device:
- Run iTunes on your computer and connect you device with the computer using data cable.
- Now, press and hold the Home + Sleep/Wake buttons simultaneously until you see Connect to iTunes screen on your device.
- iTunes will prompt to update, so hit the Update button. Update process will take some time and once done follow the onscreen instructions to complete the device setup process.
Please check this apple link to further details on Slide to upgrade screen bug.
Poor Battery Life
Apple always try to enhance battery life in their new iOS release but some users face the opposite. If you facing the battery drainage issue then you should check on of our guide to find apps that draining battery or Tricks to increase battery life.
Wi-Fi connection problems
This has been reported by many Apple users who upgraded their devices to iOS 9 that their devices could not connect to Wi-Fi. In some cases, the connection was quite slow or it was disconnecting after connecting. If you are facing one of these troubles, you can perform following operations to solve this problem:
- First make sure you Wi-Fi network is working, you should try to connect another device with the same Wi-Fi network and check that.
- Reboot router and device, You should try restarting your router and if this does not work, hold and press your Apple device home button along with sleep/wake button approx. for 10 seconds or until you see Apple logo. The device will be rebooted and your problem will be solved.
- Forget network and rejoin it, to do that first go to Settings > Wi-Fi and select the “i” icon on the right-side of available Wi-Fi networks. On the next page click on “Forget this network” option, tap the Forgot button to confirm. Now, go back and reconnect with Wi-Fi connection.
- Reset Network Settings, go to Setting > General > Reset > and here carefully tap on “Reset Network Settings” option. To reset, you may need to enter passcode. Note: resetting will remove all saved Wi-Fi passwords.
- Wi-Fi Assist, automatically switch your device to use mobile data when it feels Wi-Fi connectivity is poor, so try to disable this option from Settings > Mobile Data > scroll down to the bottom and turn the “Wi-Fi Assist” switch off.
- You might be able to fix the problem by disabling Wi-Fi Networking system services, Go to settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services. Now disable Wi-Fi Networking option for few seconds and enable them to solve the problem.
With some people when they updated their device to iOS 9.x, they could not connect to Bluetooth. If you are facing this issue, you can resolve the problem by following either one of these steps:
- Try Forgot this device option, Go to settings > Bluetooth. Tap the blue “i” icon for your device and then tap on “Forget this device”. Now repeat the process and try connecting to your Bluetooth device just like a new device and you will be connected to it.
- Try rebooting your device by holding and pressing the sleep/wake and home button for few seconds.
- You can also try and reset all of your network settings by going to settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings.
Game Center is not working
Some of the Apple device users have encountered problem with their game centers once they have updated their devices to iOS 9. This problem can be easily solved by going to Settings > Game center but for some people the device will hang up once they reach at that point. In order to resolve this issue, you can perform following operation:
You need to restore to iOS 9 and forget about loading the backup. This will help and solve the problem you are facing.
Turning on Cellular data for some apps
If you already turned off mobile data for few apps then you may face the issue of turning mobile data back for your apps after updating iOS. If you are facing this problem, you are not alone. You can start by going to Settings > Mobile Data and find your app for which the cellular data is not working and just turn it on. If the problem is not that simple, you can try one of the following trick:
- Go to app store, find and install if any update is available for the app.
- For some people, turning on and off the airplane mode will also do the job, Swipe upward from bottom of screen and use Airplane mode button.
- Try reinstalling the app as a new app and your problem will be solved.
- You can also go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all contents and settings and try turning on Mobile data for that app again. This option is not recommended but better than restoring your iPhone.
Touch not responding
I was facing this problem for a specific app, when I open that app touch screen was not responding so, I checked for the updates in the App Store for this specific app and problem is solved. If this solution didn’t work for you then:
- Force close the app, double tap the Home button to view running apps, Swipe-up the specific app to close it.
- Remove this app and try reinstalling app.
You may face iMessage problem after updating to iOS 9.1. First thing you need to do is go to Settings > Messages > turn the iMessage option off wait for few seconds and turn it on again.
- If problem still persists, try reboot your device.
- Reboot doesn’t work? Try resetting network settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > and select “Reset Network Settings” option.
Facetime not working
Some people have also faced problem with their Facetime working on their Apple devices after they have updated it to iOS 9. First of all you need to check in your internet connection and Wi-Fi settings and if everything is fine with that, you can try one of the following tricks in order to get your Facetime working.
- Try Settings > General > Date and time. Sometimes this can cause your Facetime to not work.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset all settings. This will reset all the settings of your Apple device but will solve any problem you are having with your Facetime.
- If the problem is still there, you may need to contact your carrier and discuss this issue with them.
Siri / Notification muted
After you upgraded the phone to iOS 9, you may observe that the notifications sound on your phone does not work or the Siri is muted as well. In order to solve this issue, you must try following:
- Make sure mute switch is off and not showing red.
- Also check do not disturb settings, You need to go to Settings > Do Not Disturb and check if the settings are normal.
- For app specific notification problem, go to Settings > Notifications and check if they are turned on or off.
- If Siri is muted, you need to go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Voice Over > Speech > Default Dialect and select the one you want.
Problem not listed?
These are the most common problems users are facing with iOS 9 update and their fixes. If you facing any problems that are not listed here please leave a comment below with your device name, iOS version and some description of your problem, we will love to help you.