iOS 9.2 is available to download and this iOS update for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch contains different improvements and bug fixes. Following improvements and bug fixes has been made in iOS 9.2 update. Improved Apple Music app to save offline songs, browse classical music and to make playlists. Now you can quickly read and stay up to date with top stories of the day, a new section with the name “Top Stories” added in the News app. Send large attachment easily with the help of Mail Drop in Mail. Improved stability of Safari and Podcasts.
How to Install iOS 9.2 Update
- Before doing update backup your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes.
- iOS 9.2 update can be installed by two different methods, you can install update directly from your device which is called over-the-air (OTA) update and the other method is you need iTunes software on your Mac or PC.
Download iOS 9.2 on iPhone or iPad without iTunes
OTA method is easy for a normal user and I would suggest you to follow this method first unless you facing any problem. Follow these steps to go to Software Update section and download iOS 9.2 update on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- Open Settings app on your device.
- Tap General section and then tap “Software Update”. This will start checking for latest update from Apple server and after few seconds you will see latest available update information.
- Hit the Download and Install button, type device passcode if prompted, tap Agree to Terms and Conditions, tap Agree again and you requested update successfully. This will start downloading iOS 9.2 in few seconds and download bar will show you the progress.
- Download may take some time depends on your internet connection speed, iOS 9.2 update size is around 265MB for iPhone 6 and may vary for other devices. Out of storage? check this guide to free up some space on your device.
- Once iOS 9.2 downloaded tap “Install Now” button.
How to download iOS 9.2 using iTunes
- Download and install latest version of iTunes on your PC or Mac.
- Run iTunes and connect your iOS device with computer using data cable.
- iTunes will prompt “A new software version is available…” and hit the “Download and Install”.
- If you don’t see this message then, select your device icon from header and then click “Check for Updates” in device summary section.
- follow the on screen instruction to complete the iOS 9.2 installation process.
Restore iOS 9.2 IPSW using iTunes
If you are facing any problem by using OTA or iTunes update method then you have to download iOS 9.2 IPSW file on your Mac or Windows PC and install it manually using iTunes.
Leave comment below if you have any question related iOS 9.2 update installation on your iOS device iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.