Do you want to play YouTube videos in the background on iPhone or iPad? YouTube is the biggest library for music videos and you may want to listen music on your iPhone as we do on desktop computers by running video in the background while using another app. YouTube app for iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) doesn’t allow to play videos in the background. Whenever you switched to another app from YouTube the will stop play video. But there is a workaround that allow you to keep playing YouTube videos while working on another app on you iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Play YouTube Video in the Background
The workaround is very easy to stream videos in background when your working on different apps on iPhone or iPad like checking emails, reading ebooks, browsing internet, etc. You don’t need to install any app for this:
- Just open the Safari browser and go to YouTube website.
- Play the YouTube music video that you want to listen in the background on iPhone
- Press the home button to go back to home screen and you will notice video will stop playing.
- Now, if you are using iOS 7 or grater version then swipe-up from bottom of screen to access iOS Control Center and hit the play button.
This will resume the paused YouTube video and you can keep working on other apps while video is streaming in the background.
Resume YouTube video with EarBuds or EarPods
If you have connected Apple EarBuds or EarPods then you don’t need to access Control Center to resume YouTube video in the background. Just press the middle button on your EarPods to resume music in background.
For Devices not upgraded to iOS 7
Those who are using older devices or iPhone or iPad not upgraded to iOS 7 yet then you need to follow another method that allow to keep listing YouTube video running the the background.
- You need open the notification bar, double press the home button of your device and then swipe left-right.
- Tap then Play button and this will continue playing paused YouTube video.
You may also like to know how to make animated GIF from a YouTube videos, if you like this guide or have any question please like, share and leave comments below.