Apple released OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 final version which is available to download and update for Mac. This update includes some bug fixes and performance improvement to Mac operating system and is recommended for all the users must running a prior version of EI Captain.
OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 enterprise changes:
- Fixes an issue where applying a configuration profile to setallowSpotlightInternetResults to False would cause Spotlight to use large amounts of CPU time.
- Fixes an issue where applying a configuration profile to setShutDownDisabledWhileLoggedIn to True would have no effect.
- Fixes an issue where only a single NetBoot image would appear in the Startup Disk pane of System Preferences, even if multiple NetBoot images were configured on the server.
For more detailed information about this update, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT206230.
How to update Mac to OS X 10.11.5
The simple and easy way to update Mac to OS X 10.11.5 OS X El Capitan is through Mac App Store, to do this follow the steps below.
- First backup your data before doing anything, after that open the Apple menu and go to the ‘App Store’.
- Under the updates tab, you will see an update is available saying ‘OS X EL Capitan Update 10.11.5’ is available to download. Click on it and your Mac will reboot after installation.