Apple released watchOS 2.2.1 build 13V420 for Apple Watch and tvOS 9.2.1 build 13Y772 for Apple TV 4th generation, earlier generations are not supported with this update, both watchOS and tvOS are released including bug fixes and some minor feature improvements and also recommended for all the compatible devices.
To install watchOS 2.2.1 update on your Apple Watch successfully, your iPhone must running iOS 9.
If iOS or watchOS beta or developer seed already installed
Before you update, remove the beta profile from your device. To view and remove profiles:
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone and go to General > Profiles. Tap the beta profile you want to remove, then tap Delete Profile. Enter your iPhone passcode if requested.
- Go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management on your iPhone. Tap the beta profile you want to remove, then tap Delete profile. Enter your iPhone passcode if requested.
How to update watchOS 2.2.1
Before begin to update the software of your watchOS you need to update your iPhone device to the latest version of iOS. Make sure your Apple Watch has at least a 50 percent battery charge. Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi and keep your iPhone next to your Apple Watch to make sure they’re in range. Connect your Apple Watch to power, and keep it on the charger until the update is completed.
- On your iPhone, open the Watch app, tap the My Watch tab, then tap General > Software Update.
- If asked for your iPhone passcode or Apple Watch passcode, enter the passcode.
- Be patient, wait for the progress bar to appear and let it complete. Don’t restart your Apple Watch during the update, which might take some time. When Apple Watch finish updating watchOS, your Apple Watch will restart automatically.
Download tvOS 9.2.1
You can download Build 13Y772 tvOS 9.2.1 for new Apple TVs from here.