Apple watchOS 3.1.1 and tvOS 10.2 final versions is now available to download for all the compatible iOS devices like Apple watch and Apple TV devices respectively. Both builds come with a number of new changes includes bug fixes and performance improvements too.
watchOS 3.1.1 Final Version
There are no major changes available to the final version of watchOS 3.1.1 as compared to other final versions of Apple’s products like iOS, tvOS, and macOS Sierra. The build number of watchOS 3.1.1 final version is 14S883.
watchOS 3.1.1 final version new features, changelog, release notes
- Resolves an issue where the incorrect date could be displayed in the Calendar app month view
- Resolves an issue that could because the Maps app to stay launched after navigation has ended
- Fixes an issue that prevented the dials on an analog watch face from appearing after changing the temperature unit in the Weather app
- Fixes an issue that may prevent the Activity rings from displaying on the Activity watch faces
- Resolves an issue where the Stocks complication may not update on the watch face
- Fixes an issue that could impact ability to respond to notifications
- Fixes an issue that could prevent contact names from appearing in the Messages app and notifications
To install this watchOS 3.1.1 update, first, you have to install watch 3.1 because it doesn’t support watchOS 1x. Before updating make sure you have at least 50% battery on Apple watch and it’s connected to power source and also you must have iOS 10 running on paired Apple iPhone.
tvOS 10.1 Final Version
tvOS 10.1 released with many new features and changes for all the compatible Apple TV devices. The build number of tvOS final version is 14U593.
There is Single Sign-on feature which is also available in iOS 10.2, its currently supports Hotwire, DirecTV, GVTC Communications, Dish, and Dish’s Sling TV with more networks and cable operators.
- Access the Library for your iTunes purchases and rentals.
- Discover new apps and the latest iTunes releases in the Store.
- Get recommendations for new movies and TV shows in Watch Now.
- Use Up Next to see the movies and TV shows you’re currently watching and pick up where you left off.
tvOS 10.1 final version new features, changelog, release notes
- Store: If users are looking for something new, they can check out the Store to discover great new content across video services that they have not yet downloaded or are not yet subscribed to, along with the latest releases on iTunes.
- Library: Viewers can access their entire collection of iTunes movies and TV shows that they have rented or purchased on iTunes.
- Recommended: Viewers can explore a great selection of curated and trending shows and movies, including collections handpicked by Apple’s curators, and dedicated categories and genres such as kids, sci-fi, and comedy.
- Up Next: Users can enjoy the shows and movies they are currently watching, including recent iTunes rentals and purchases — all presented in the order they are most likely to watch first. For example, when viewers finish an episode, the next one will automatically appear at the start of the Up Next queue, as will any new episodes as they become available. At any time, users can simply ask Siri to continue watching a show and immediately pick up where they left off.
- Watch Now: Watch now is where viewers will see their collection of available shows and movies from iTunes and apps. From Watch Now, viewers can then go to Up Next or Recommended to choose what to watch.
Apple TV owners can update their tvOS to final version by heading over to software update System > Maintenance > Software Update.