Google officially rolling out Android 7.0 Nougat for all the nexus devices. If you have Nexus device, then you can install this update right now but if you don’t have then you have to wait few months. This update is available for Nexus 5X, nexus 6, Nexus 6P, Nexus 9, Nexus Player, Pixel C and Generation Mobile 4G, all these devices will get over the air software update notification of Android Nougat. Device that is already enrolling the Android Nougat beta program will also get this final version update.
This android version released with over 250 major updates. Android 7.0 Nougat introduces a variety of new features and capabilities for users and developers.
Android Nougat New Features:
In android Nougat 7.0 Google redesigned the notification panel to make it faster and easier.
- Direct reply: For real-time communication apps, the Android system supports inline replies so that users can quickly respond to an SMS or text message directly within the notification interface.
- Messaging style customization: You can customize more of the user interface labels associated with your notifications using the Messaging Style class. You can configure the message, conversation title, and content view.
- Custom Quick Settings: Rearrange your Quick Setting tiles so you can get to what you want faster.
- Bundled notifications: The system can group messages together, for example by message topic, and display the group. A user can take actions, such as Dismiss or Archive, on them in place. If you’ve implemented notifications for Android Wear, you’ll already be familiar with this model.
Taking advantage of a big screen phoned to split the screen into two apps whichever you want.
In android Nougat 7.0 split screen is a standard feature and can be access by double tapping square button from android nougat bottom tray. This feature gives a new way to engage users especially on tablets and other larger screen devices.
You can also specify your activity minimum allowable dimensions, preventing users from resizing the activity below that size. You can also disable multi windows display for any app which you want to system will show only in full screen mode.
Users can pop open two applications at the same time on your devices screen.
- On Android TV devices, apps can put themselves in picture-in-picture mode, allowing them to continue showing content while the user browses or interacts with other apps.
- On phones and tablets running Android 7.0, users can run two apps side-by-side or one-above-the-other in split screen mode. Users can resize the apps by dragging the divider between them.
Quick Path to App Install
This amazing feature of Android Nougat, the amazing benefits of ART’s JIT compiler is the speed of system updates and app installs. System updates are faster than before now more steps to optimize system updates. Apps that require several minutes to install in your device in Android 6.0 can now install within matter of seconds.
In android nougat 7.0 API level 24 users can now enable Data Saver to save and use less data. This feature is useful when you have a small prepaid data pack or near to end of the billing cycle of month. After data saver enabled, the system block the background apps, they won’t use your data after that. You can also white list the specific apps that you want to allow use data even on data saver mode.
To enable Data Saver head to settings > Data usage and then turn on Data Saver.
Over 1500 emoji including 72 new ones
Bored with old yellow faces? Now Android Nougat added more the 1500 emoji with including 72 brand new ones. Avocado, owl and bacon are one of the new emoji.
Things doesn’t stop here, you can also modify the skin tone of certain emoji while sending to your contacts. To do this simply press and hold your emoji, then it will show you the new menu in which you will see variety of skin tones.
Multi Locale language settings
Currently goggle has this ability to change the main language on your device but with this new amazing feature you will now easily use multiple languages on a single android device.
Once you select the language from your device settings, then all of your device application will automatically translate its content to which language you select as your primary language. If your app doesn’t support that selected primary language then Multi-Locale will push the app to the very next language.
To do this simply navigate to Settings > Languages and input, then select language which you want to display and after that rearrange the order.
Quick switch between apps
Google added a new secret shortcut for quickly switch between two different and most recently used app. To switch between two recently apps simply double press the square button, it will switch you to the recently open app. It works like windows shortcut alt+tab.
Android nougat support VR mode inbuilt for being future ready. It allows you to enjoy your favorite apps in virtual reality with VR headsets and upcoming Daydream ready mobile phones will be able to use the VR mode.
High Performance 3D Graphics
According to the Google new android nougat 7.0 comes with Daydream (Google’s platform for mobile virtual reality) and VulkanTM (an advanced 3D rendering API) API which provides sharper graphics and adds eye candy effects on just supported Smartphone’s. It comes with improves high performance 3d graphics.
- Daydream: Android Nougat is ready to transport you to virtual worlds with Daydream-ready phones, headsets and controllers — all coming later this year.
- VulkanTM: Games will now leap to life thanks to high-speed, next-generation graphics — all powered by your device’s multi-core processor.
More battery smarts with Doze
This feature was introduced in android marshmallow 6.0 but now even more improved and effective. Now your devices can drop into lower power usage while in your pocket or bag.
This is the pretty big improvement in android nougat 7.0. Now you can control the notifications as you need. You can block all the notification from specific app or conversation, make notification to show silently.
Just press the notification and then move it to left or right, you will see settings icon click on it and then you will see three option. Show notification silently, Block all notifications and don’t silence or block.
Android already has the feature to change the size of text but this was not enough, that’s why Google introduced new features which also allow you to change other elements size too. Which means everything on menus, navigation bar and app icons can be resized.
This new feature is very amazing, android nougat operating system will update in background. System download over the air updates in the background over you Wi-Fi connection and install them a separate system image on your device storage. Next time whenever you boot your device it will boot to the newly update image.