Many smart phones have call blocking features and have long time support for them. This feature many times removes and then added again in Android various versions. Now it came back into Android Nougat 7.0 and this time it is smarter than before.
If you block any number then the blocked number cannot send texts or calls you over default Android messaging and calling app and this also works for all the other installed calling and messaging apps on your devices, which means blocked from all the installed third party apps and default apps.
Block Messages or Calls From Any Number Android Nougat
- Open Phone app from Android Nougat and then tap on more button (dotted menu button) at top right corner and select settings.
- In the Phone app Settings, tap on Call blocking option.
- Here, tap on ‘ADD A NUMBER’ and type a number that you want to block from message or calling you and tap on ‘BLOCK’ button.
That’s it the number is blocked from all over on your mobile phone.This Block calls and texts feature currently wont read the number from your contact list. When you tap to add a number, there you have to type in manually; you don’t have any option to choose contact from existing contacts list.
Unblock calls and texts for specific number
- To unblock a number and allow someone to make calls and send texts to you, open Phone app from you Android Nougat 7.0 and then tap on more menu button from top right corner.
- Now tap on Call blocking option from given options list.
- Here you will see the list of blocked number, to unblock simply tap on cross icon on the right side of the blocked number and then tap ‘UNBLOCK’. That’s it you have successfully unblocked a number.