iOS 10.1 is available to download and install on your iPhone iPad or iPod Touch. Below is step by step guide if you want to run iOS 10.1 on your compatible device. Its recommended, before reading next you must check, is your device capable to run iOS 10?. There are lots of bug and error fixed by Apple in this release, If you are interested to check iOS 10.1 fixes and enhancements then open this download iOS 10.1 link that also include the Apple release notes for this update and security related information as well.
How to Install iOS 10.1
There are simple two ways to install iOS on you iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. One is OTA (over-the-air) means directly from your iPhone or iPad that doesn’t required any special arrangements except a working internet connection and the second is installing iOS using iTunes that required to download iOS firmware file locally that you want to install and a PC or Mac with iTunes installed on it.
Download and Install iOS 10.1 OTA
- Make sure you backup your device first.
- After that you can go to device Settings and navigate to General > Software Updates section. Here, you will be able to see iOS 10.1 update is available to download and install.
- Tap the Download and Install button and follow the on screen instruction. On my iPhone update size was approx 200MB and that may vary on other devices.
- Once it started downloading iOS you can switch to other app and do you work, iOS will alert you when update downloaded and ready to install.
Install iOS 10.1 using iTunes
If downloading and installing update OTA directly from iPhone or iPad doesn’t worked for you then you have to follow this method.
- You need Mac or Windows PC with latest iTunes install on it. If iTunes is already installed on your computer then update it to latest version.
- Using data cable, connect you iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch with Windows PC or Mac.
- Run iTunes on your computer.
- Click the device icon and then hit the Check for Update button as shown below in screenshot.
- Now, follow the onscreen instructions to download iOS 10.1 on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Clean Install iOS 10.1
Above mentioned methods of installing update will keep the older settings, data and everything your device except update to latest iOS version. Clean install is a method which restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to factory setting like a new device your just unboxed. Fresh or clean install method should be used when your device having serious problems like crashing apps, quick battery drainage problems, out of storage with unknown data and files.
- Download iOS 10.1 Firmware for your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch on your computer.
- Run latest version of iTunes on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Plug your device in the computer and then click device icon on the top. After that, if you are on Windows PC then press Shift key and Mac users press Alt from keyboard. While pressing the key hit the Restore button to browse for the IPSW firmware file that you downloaded and hit OK to start restoring iOS 10.1. Follow the on screen instructions to complete the process.
Stay calm and let you device completing the restoring process.