Amazon’s smart home device with cloud-based voice service Alexa. Amazon Echo is a device similar to virtual services like Google Now, Apple Siri, and Microsoft Kortana. Amazon Echo can tell you the News, Weather, Traffic, Sports, Shopping list, and even can play Music. If you have a prime account then you can also order items from Amazon and purchase prime music as well. What if you have your music library on Apple Music and want to play it on Amazon Echo. in this guide, we will show you how to link Apple Music service with Amazon Alexa and enable it to play Apple Music on Alexa or Amazon Echo.
To play Apple Music on Alexa make sure the following things are already ready.
- Your Amazon Echo device should be set up with Amazon Alexa app that is running on your Android or iOS device.
- You must be an Apple Music subscriber If you are not subscribed yet then start with a 3 months trial for free.
- Now its time to set up Apple Music with Alexa.
Link Apple Music and Alexa App
First, we need to link the Apple Music service with the Amazon Alex app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Open up the Amazon Alexa app on your iOS device. If you don’t have already installed on your device, install it from the AppStore.
- On the Alexa app screen Top-left corner, Tap the menu icon and then Tap Settings.
- Here, under the Alexa Preferences section Tap Music.
- On the next Music screen Tap “Link New Service” option.
- Tap Apple Music.
- Tap Enable to Use and follow the on-screen instructions to sign in to Apple ID.
Set Apple Music as Alexa’s default music service
When you ask Alexa to play something from the default music service you don’t need to say the service name. Here is how to set Apple Music the default music library.
- From the Alexa app on your device, Tap the menu icon top-left corner of the screen.
- Tap Settings > Music.
- On the Music screen Tap “Default Services” option under Account Settings.
- Now, Tap Apple Music to make it default music library of Alexa app.
How to ask Alexa to play Apple Music
If you have already set Apple music as default music service in Alexa app then say something like
"Alexa, Play <SONG TITLE>."
If Apple Music isn’t a default music library then say
"Alexa, Play <SONG TITLE> on Apple Music." You have to say the music service name “on Apple Music” as well.
You can ask Alexa to play songs, artists, albums, or genres. Not only that you can also play playlists from Apple Music or playlists from your cloud Music Library.