Apple introducing a new Handwashing feature for the Apple Watch in watchOS 7. This new feature can recognize when you start washing your hands with the help of running water and rubbing hands sound. A timer will automatically start on the watch to help washing hands properly.
The recommended time to keep washing hands is 20 seconds by the World Health Organization (WHO). The Handwashing feature in watchOS 7 not only shows the countdown but also give haptic feedback so you don’t need to look at the watch while washing your hands.
So, let’s see how we can use this feature on your Apple Watch.
Apple Watch that supports the handwashing feature
You can use the handwashing feature on the following Apple Watch.
- Apple Watch Series 3
- Apple Watch Series 4
- Apple Watch Series 5
How to enable handwashing feature
- First, you must have installed watchOS 7 or later on your Apple Watch.
- Open up the Settings app on your Watch.
- Scroll down a bit and Tap the Handwashing option.
- Turn on the switch next to the Handwashing Timer, this option will start the timer whenever you start washing your hands.
- Next, turn off the switch for the Handwashing Reminder option, this option will notify you when you forgot to wash your hands when you came back home.
View your handwashing history on iPhone
You can also check the stats of your handwashing routine in a day, week, month, or year. So let’s see how to view the handwashing stats on iPhone.
- Open up the Health app on your iPhone, Tap Browse tab.
- Type Handwashing in the Search box and then tap the handwashing in the search result.
Tip: You can add the Handwashing data on the main screen of the Health app under the summary, then you need to scroll down a bit and Tap Add to Favorites.