Showing YouTube subscriber count on your videos is good when you have good numbers. But, if you just started and the subscriber’s count is little to zero then you might want to hide it. In this guide, you will learn to hide your Youtube subscribers.
Why hide your subscribers?
You might want to hide your subscribers and the reason is you just launched the youtube channel and don’t have enough subscribers to show to the visitors.
A low number may reduce the chance to get a new subscriber, people think this channel doesn’t have good quality content.
But you might also want to hide the subscriber when you have subscribers count but very few views, and when you show a big subscriber count people may think the channel is fake.
Whether you want to hide or show the subscriber the decision is yours. So, without any delay let’s see how to hide your subscribers on youtube.
Can we hide subscribers using YouTube Studio mobile app?
There is no option available in the YouTube Studio app to hide your subscriber. The only way to change this setting is you can use a browser like Safari, Chrome, etc on your mobile device and follow the given steps below.
How to Hide Your Subscribers on YouTube?
You need to use the browser on your computer or mobile device in order to modify the subscriber count settings. By default, the subscriber count option is enabled when you sign up for the YouTube Creator Studio, and to disable this option follow the given steps below.
- You need to log in to YouTube Creator Studio. Open up a browser and enter the URL: studio.youtube.com and hit enter. If you are not logged in already then log in with your username and password.
- On the YouTube studio page, click the Settings option at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- This will open up the Youtube channel settings. Click the Channel option and then select the Advanced settings tab as shown below in the screenshot. Here Under the channel’s advanced settings, uncheck the option “Display the number of people subscribed to my channel.” Once done, click the Save button to apply and save the modified settings of Subscriber count.
- Is subscriber count hidden now? let’s verify that. Open up and video that you published, click the Content option on the left side when you are on the studio dashboard page. Click any video to watch it.
- Here, under the channel name, you can see the subscriber count is hidden now.
That’s it this is how you can hide the subscriber’s count and you can display your subscriber when you have a good number of people subscribed to your YouTube channel. Just follow the given steps and check the option to display the channel subscribers.
Was that helpful?
Why do you want to hide the subscriber count, leave a comment below?
If you have any questions use the comment form and post your question, we will happy to answer it.