The GEN Team has released Custom Firmware 5.03 GEN-C for PSP 3000 / 2000 with motherboard model TA-088v3. In this PSP guide you’ll learn how to install custom firmware 5.03 GEN-C on PSP 3000/2000 TA-088v3. Once you’ve installed CFW 5.03 GEN-C on your PSP, you’ll also be able to run games on PSP that require firmware 6.10.
- This PSP guide is for partially-hackable PSPs only (PSP-3000 & PSP-2000 TA-088v3). If you’re not sure about your PSP motherboard model use this guide to find out:
- If you have official firmware 5.50 installed on your PSP, STOP NOW! PSP OFW 5.50 has patched the TIFF exploit used to install chickHen hack so, you can NOT run chickHen on OFW 5.50. If you can’t install ChickHen it means you can NOT hack PSP and install custom firmware 5.03 GEN-C on your PSP.
How to: Check PSP Motherboard Model
If you have PSP 1000 / PSP 2000 with Mother lower than TA-088v3, means you’ve a fully hackable PSP, this guide is NOT for you. Please navigate to this guide:
PSP 3000, 2000 TA-088v3 users please continue reading.
We will install PSP custom firmware 5.03 GEN-C via ChickHEN R2. So, there’s no danger of bricking your PSP unless you fail to follow the instructions carefully. Chances of bricking PSP 3000 and 2000 are quite real as compared to PSP 1000 which is completely hackable. If you’re not clear about any step you better ask it.
How to Install Custom Firmware 5.03 GEN-C on PSP
It’s always good to backup your Saved Games Data first.
In order to install CFW 5.03 Gen-C on PSP we need to install ChickHEN R2 on PSP first. So, the guide will be splitted into two Steps:
- Install ChickHEN R2 on PSP
- Install Custom Firmware 5.03 GEN-C on PSP
Install ChickHEN R2 on PSP
First of all your need to Install ChickHEN R2 on your PSP. We have a comprehensive guide for that:
When you’re done with running ChickHEN R2, come back to this guide and continue to installing CFW 5.03 GEN-C.
Install Custom Firmware 5.03 GEN-C on PSP
NOTE: PSP 3000, 2000 TA-088v3 are partially hackable which means after installing CFW if by any chance you turned OFF your PSP or Battery goes empty, you’ll need to reinstall CFW because after reboot your PSP will be back to Official 5.03 firmware
Assuming that you’ve successfully run the ChickHEN R2 on your PSP. Now it’s time to install PSP Custom Firmware 5.03 GEN-C.
- Extract the CFW_5.03_GEN-C.zip file to your computer.
- Connect your PSP to your computer via USB. PSP Memory Stick will appear as a removable device.
- Go to the extracted CFW_5.03_GEN-C folder and copy the PSP folder to the Memory Stick root. (Confirm to replace if asked)
- On your PSP’s XMB (Home Screen Menu) go to Game > Memory Stick and run the 5.03 GEN-C Updater by press the ‘X’ key on PSP to install the custom firmware 5.03 GEN-C.
Important: If this is NOT the first time you are going to install 5.03 GEN-C CFW (you turned OFF your PSP or Battery goes empty, you’ll need to reinstall CFW), hold the L trigger (Left shoulder button) when running the updater.
- Once the installation is done, press the X button your PSP will Reboot.
- Now on your PSP XMB go to:
Settings > System Settings > System Information.
The system software should be 5.03 GEN-C.
Now disconnect the PSP from computer.
Voila! You’ve successfully installed Custom Firmware 5.03 Gen-C on PSP.
You may also be interested in:
- How to: Install Custom Firmware on PSP 1000 & 2000
- How to: install Games on PSP Custom Firmware
- How to: Check PSP Motherboard Model
5.03 GEN-C NOTES:
- Compatible with the PSP-3000 and PSP-2000 v3 official firmware 5.03
- Play backups of games that REQUIRE PSP firmware 6.10 and above
- Reading UMD that that REQUIRE PSP firmware 6.10 and above
- Reading UMD / ISO games protected against the custom firmware. Playing UMD / ISO games protected against the custom firmware.
- Play PS1 games
- GEN VSH MENU available (SELECT)
- Recovery in VSH Recovery available in VSH available
- Reading Reading Homebrews
- VSH menu is mixed up