If you work on multiple computers like at home and office. You can access open tabs of one computer across others. Suppose you were browsing something, have some useful tabs open in Google Chrome at office. You can access the same Chrome’s open tabs at home as well. To access open tabs across synced computer and devices you need to sign in to Chrome first. Let’s see how to sync open tabs and access on another computer.
See also: Delete Specific Chrome Browsing History
First sign in to Chrome if you want to save the open tabs and other stuff like Bookmarks, Forms data, Passwords, etc. You can choose each option what you want to sync.
Sign in to Chrome
- Click on “Customize and Control…” menu button top-right corner on Google Chrome.
- Select Settings and then click the button “Sign in to Chrome”, sign in using your Google account.
- Once you successfully logged in, click on Advanced sync settings button and choose what you want sync.
Access open tabs on other computers
Now you are on another computer and want to access Chrome tabs that you have opened on another computer or device.
- First, sign in to Chrome using the same Google Account that you used on the other computer. When you logged in on Chrome, click the OK, got it button.
- I would suggest you to close the Chrome browser and run again.
- Click on Chrome Settings menu and select Recent Tabs and here you will see the devices with the list of open tabs on it like “Ayan PC” is name of another computer. Click the More… button to view the complete list of open tabs for each computer or device.
- This will open the History page of Chrome. As you can see below the first section is “Ayan PC” with list of open tabs on that computer. You can click each tab that you want to open on current computer or just click the downward arrow and select Open all option to open all tabs of “Ayan PC” at once.
Just use the same Google Account and sign in to Chrome on any computer Mac or PC, Android or iOS and get your Google Chrome open tabs, bookmarks, passwords, form data etc. anywhere.