Twitter’s login verification is a security feature which provides another layer of security, ask to enter an extra code when you log in to your Twitter account. Instead of only entering a password, you will also enter a code which will send to your mobile phone via SMS. This feature will ensure that only you can access your account.
For this, you have to enable login verification from the Twitter’s account settings. After you enable login verification from the settings. Then you will need both your password and mobile number to access your account.
Protect Your Twitter Account
- Launch the Twitter application.
- Tap on your profile icon to view Twitter’s account and settings related options.
- login verification is related to account’s privacy so Tap on “Settings and privacy” option.
- On the next menu Tap the Account option.
- Finally, Tap the Security option so you can create another security layer for your account.
- Check the login verification box and you need to complete few more verifications steps to complete the process.
- Tap on “Ok” to proceed.
- Read the instructions and then tap on Start. When you successfully enabled login verification then you have to enter another security code while you log in to the Twitter account and you will receive that code on your Phone via SMS.
- Tap on “Send code” to confirm your phone number.Note: if you have no phone number verified on twitter it will ask you to enter your Mobile phone number
- Here, enter the code you received via SMS then tap on “Submit”
- Tap on “Get backup code”. We recommend you to take a screenshot of that backup code.
This backup code will help you to access your account if you change or lost your SIM or mobile number. Congratulations you successfully protected your account against hackers. If you need any further help please don’t hesitate just leave a comment below.