Apple finally added the feature in iPadOS 15 to hide home pages on the iPad as well, iPhone users already enjoying this feature and hide home screen pages who running iOS 14 or later. Actually using this feature you can hide the complete page, this will not delete any of the apps on that page but hide.
How to hide Home screen page on iPad
Just follow the given steps to hide one or more pages from the iPad home screen.
- First, you need to get into edit home screen mode, just press and hold anywhere on the empty area or the screen.
- When all the icons on the screen start dancing, just tap the page dot at the bottom of the screen right above the Dock.
- Now, you can see the grid view of all the pages with a check box to show and hide. To hide any page just uncheck the tick next to it and tap the Done button at the top-right corner of the screen.
- To go back to the home screen tap again on the empty area. Now, you can check the page(s) you just make invisible is no longer available on the Home screen.
Where the new app downloaded will go when you hide all the pages? Well, there is an option that you can set whether the newly downloaded app will go to the home screen or in the Apple Library only. To change this option you need to go to:
- Open Settings on your iPad and then tap the Home Screen option.
- Here, tap the option to save new app downloads on Home Screen or in the App Library only.
- If you selected the option “Add to Home Screen” and download a new app this will automatically create a new page and place the app on it.
How to access the apps when pages are hidden
If you hide all pages from the Home screen then to access any app you need to use the new App Library or just use the search as we normally do. The new App Library feature in iPadOS 15 organizes all the apps in the category.
App Library on iPad is the last page on the Home screen, It’s also the last icon on the iPad Dock that you can access quickly.
How to unhide pages on iPad
If you want to unhide the home screen pages on iPad, the process is the same as we have done above. This time you just need to check the page that you want to show on the home screen.
We need your opinion on this new feature for iPad to hide home screen pages and also the App Library. Leave a comment below and we will happy to hear from you, Thanks.