Microsoft has built the feature of Notifications for the new onboarded users but it can annoy the regular users. Notifications not only comprise messages for tracking the apps but also Suggestions for the new users on how to effectively use their Windows PC. If you feel any irritation or distraction due to the feature, you can turn it off. Let’s see how we can turn off notifications in Windows 11.
- Toggle Off the Suggested Notification from the Settings
- How to Turn off Notifications on Windows 11
- How to Turn off Notifications for a Specific App
Toggle Off the Suggested Notification from the Settings
- To open the Settings app, press the
Windows+Ishortcut from the keyboard or right-click on the
Windows/Startbutton and select
Systemoption in the left pane and in the right pane find the
Notificationsoption, click on it to view the notification settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom in the notification settings and look for the
Offer suggestions on how I can set up my deviceand
Get tips and suggestions when using Windowscheckboxes. Turn both the checkboxes on and the suggested notifications will be disabled immediately.
How to Turn off Notifications on Windows 11
If you lose concentration or get distracted from the frequent notifications you receive from Windows then you can turn all the notifications off. Let’s take a look at how to do it.
- Press Windows+I simultaneously from the keyboard to open the settings app
Systemoption in the left pane and find and select the
Notificationsoption on the right side.
- To turn off the notifications completely, look for the toggle button on the
Notificationstile in the right corner. Click to turn it
Offand the notifications are disabled on the Windows 11 PC.
How to Turn off Notifications for a Specific App
Sometimes notifications are important for you but some notifications from specific apps annoy you. It is better to turn off only those notifications without disturbing the important ones. You can turn off the notifications for specific apps. Let’s have a look that how to do it.
Windows+Ithe shortcut or right-click on the
Startbutton and select
Settings. Next, select the
Systemoption in the left pane, scroll down and locate the
Notifications from apps and other senderssection. Look for the app for which you want to turn off the notifications
e.g. Google Chrome. Click on the tile and the application’s notification settings window will appear.
- Turn off the switch for the Notifications, and all the notifications from the selected app will be disabled.
- Depending upon your requirements, you can also mute the notification or only turn off the visuals for the notification. Due to this no visual disturbance is there and only a chime sound is there when the app needs attention. In this way, you will never miss any notifications without being disturbed. In order to do so, look for the
Show notification bannerscheckbox and turn it off, locate the
Hide content when a notification arrivesand turn the toggle button
Was the helpful?
If you need further help or you think the guide needs to be updated please do leave a comment below, Thanks.