Receiving automated emails in our inboxes is routine. You might have noticed the confirmation or acknowledgment emails received in your inbox. These emails are automated. If you are willing to send automatic reply emails in Gmail and lessen your workload due to manual email composing, then we are going to show you how to send an automated reply email in Gmail. it’s a simple two-step process and you can do it easily.
In this Guide:
Enable the Email Template option in Gmail
- Go to the Gmail website to create and use the templates. The templates feature is not yet available in Gmail mobile app. Login to your Gmail account and click the
Gear/Settingsicon on the right top. Click on the
See all settingsbutton on the menu.
- Go to the
Advancedtab, corresponding settings will appear underneath. Look for the
Templatessetting and enable it by clicking on the
Enableradio option. Click on the
Save Changesbutton to save the settings.
Compose the Auto Reply Email Template
- Here, you need to compose a new email and save it as a template to be sent as an automatic reply. Click the
Composebutton and a New Message window will appear. Enter text in the body of the email and a subject line as well.
ellipsisicon, the vertical three dots icon in the right-bottom corner. Select
Save draft as templateand
Save as new templateoption from the menu.
- Type the desired name for the template in the field e.g. question and click on the Save button.
Now, you just saved an email template that will be used to auto-reply to your emails.
Set Up a Filter to Send Automatic Reply Emails
Now, we are going to create a filter, whenever I received an email that has the word “Question” in the Subject line, Gmail will reply automatically with my saved email template.
- Set up a filter to send reply emails automatically.
Go to the Gmail settings by clicking on the
Gear/Settingsicon and then click on the
See all settingsbutton.
Go to the
Filters and Blocked Addressestab. Click the
Create a new filterlink. The
Search maildialog will appear.
- Provide the criteria to be fulfilled for sending the automatic reply. Type the word which should be included in the
Subjectfield to match the criteria
e.g. Question. Click on the
Create filterbutton to save the filter you just created. Once saved the action window will open.
- The action window lets you choose from many options for the action to be done against the criteria match. Look for
Send templatecheckbox and turn it on by clicking on it. Select the template you created
e.g. Questionfrom the dropdown and click on the
Create filterbutton to save the changes you made.
The automatic email reply shows that we received your email and will reply to you soon and also helps you a lot in doing business and saving time if you have to write the same email to all inquiries made by the clients/customers.