Windows 11 allows you to share your incoming data connection with nearby devices over Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Ethernet. Now, there are several use cases where you would need to share the data from your computer to your other mobile devices. Fortunately, toggling the hotspot on your Windows 11 device is a straightforward process and you can easily get the hang of it.
Moreover, Windows also allows the incoming and outgoing connection to be on the same medium (i.e., you can access the Internet on your Windows device using a Wi-Fi connection and also create a hotspot that shares data over Wi-Fi at the same time). It makes the feature even more convenient.
Steps to Create a Hotspot on Windows 11
Getting started with the Wi-Fi hotspot is simple and easy. Moreover, even if you consider yourself a total noob when it comes to technology.
- First, head to the Start button and click on the
Settingstile to proceed. Alternatively, type Settings in the menu to perform a search for it.
- Next, click on the
Network & internettab from the left sidebar. Then, click on the
Mobile hotspottile to expand the options and configure them before turning it on.
- Now, click on the drop-down menu on the
Share my internet connection fromtile and select the source of the incoming connection that you wish to share.
- After that, click on the drop-down menu on the
Share overtile and select the medium over which you want to share the hotspot. You can choose one of the options – Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. The option for Ethernet will also appear if connected.
- Next, click on the
Editbutton to change the hotspot properties.
- Enter a preferred name for the hotspot along with a password to protect it. Then, you can select a network band using the drop-down menu. Do note that the available options may vary depending on the network card installed on your device. Once done, click on the
Savebutton to confirm and close the window.
- Finally, click on the toggle switch present at the top of the page to turn on the hotspot.
- As you can see 1 out of 8 devices is connected to this mobile hotspot.
- To automatically turn off the hotspot when no devices are connected, click on the toggle switch present on the ‘Power saving’ tile.
There you go, Using the above-mentioned method, you can easily configure and create a hotspot on your Windows 11 device.
Was that helpful?
Adding a mobile hotspot option for sharing Wi-Fi is a great addition to Windows 11. If this guide was helpful or you still have any questions please leave a comment below.