Transfer iPhone Pictures to PC Windows 7

So you have some beautiful pictures in your iPhone and you want those iPhone pictures transfer to your PC. Transferring pictures to your computer from iPhone is very easy. Check this guide if you want to transfer from iPhone to PC Windows 8 or reverse transfer pictures from PC to iPhone without iTunes

See how to transfer iPhone pictures computer (Windows 7)

Step-1

Connect your iPhone to Computer using data cable that comes with your iPhone.

Step-2

When you connect your iPhone to computer.

Option 1: You may see an autoplay window, click on Import pictures and videos

- OR -

Option 2: Click on Start button > Computer

See the Portable Devices section, right click on your iPhone icon and click Import pictures and videos option

Step-3

Enter tag name to tag these pictures (optional) and click Import button

this will start importing pictures form iPhone to computer. You can check the Erase after importing check box if you don’t need picture in your iPhone after importing in your computer

Finally you can see pictures are transferred to My Pictures folder. To Access these pictures click on Start button > UserName Folder (e.g. administrator) > My Pictures Folder

140 comments… add one

pics January 26, 2010, 5:24 pm

Nicely guided iPhone basics

MimiN June 29, 2013, 12:28 am

I get a message on my computer (windows 7) saying “there are no pictures to import” which is true because they do not appear in Explorer under iphone\internalstorage\DCIM. Are they only in the icloud? This can’t be since I have maxed out my storage capacity several times and had to deleter pics/videos.
HELP Please..

MIMIN August 19, 2013, 8:23 pm

I had to choose the import option from a camera, rather than to use Windows Live. It worked – thanks!

Bob July 3, 2014, 2:23 pm

How did you do that?

vash January 27, 2010, 2:02 pm

Why don’t you access iPhone pictures from my computer

trickYguY January 28, 2010, 1:43 pm

Yes, you can access iPhone pictures by opening My Computer and then double click on iPhone device icon

Kamran February 19, 2010, 8:56 am

Thanks fro helping to copy pics to computer

Bill July 28, 2010, 7:32 pm

Great info! I share this another guide on transferring songs, videos, photos, sms, call lists, contacts and ibooks from iPhone to Computer.
Paid application here: transfer-iphone.com/transfer-files-sms-contacts-call-list-ibooks-from-iphone-to-computer.html

mari June 30, 2013, 11:36 pm

hi, i tried all of this but i keep getting a message that no new pictures from this device..the thing is i have never transferred any pic from my iphone 4s to the pc, what to do

trickYguY July 4, 2013, 6:24 pm

If you are getting this message “No new videos or pictures were found on this device”

Try this:
Disable your password lock on your apple device, once you disable password from device then reconnect your device with computer and try to import pictures or videos,

I hope this will work for you or reply me if not, Thanks.

tony December 1, 2013, 12:06 pm

I’m getting the following message “Something went wrong and the folder could not be created”

TrickyWays December 2, 2013, 7:24 pm

I would suggest you to choose a different folder to transfer pictures. Please reply if you able to fix this.

StephenS June 20, 2014, 12:45 pm

Thanks, disabling the “Pass-code Lock” did the trick. :)

kami January 27, 2010, 7:00 pm

Can i use the method in Vista to transfer iPhone pictures?

Ameed January 27, 2010, 5:02 am

I hope so, b/c Windows 7 and Windows Vista interface is very much similar and this picture importing method will be same.

Xise February 19, 2010, 10:19 am

You can transfer pictures in Vista and Windows 7 same method

Nahil February 1, 2010, 2:12 pm

You ever place very nice step to step guidance tutorials.

Will Turner February 9, 2010, 4:20 am

Am running Windows 7 with iPhone 3GS connected directly to USB on computer (I can also sync with hub with iTunes; would prefer to use hub).

I followed the above. When I connect directly w/o hub, iPhone does not appear under My Computer. System pop-up says Win7 says it needs to install a device driver. Then it attempts and fails do to so. It tells me to contact the device manufacturer. That’s Apple and iTunes, which is installed, updated, and by nature doesn’t import photos from an iPhone. >:( Help!!!

mozcin April 28, 2010, 4:39 pm

Im having the same issue. Can anyone please help?

scren April 28, 2010, 8:39 pm

Hi,

When i first time tried i got the same iphone device driver error then i unplugged the iPhone and plugged again and its working and i have successfully transferred my pictures. Try this!

katelr76 January 23, 2011, 3:13 pm

unplugging and pluging in again worked for me – the iphone finally showing up on My Computer.

Such a simple thing – I should have thought of myself! :-)
Thanks ;-)

Saty Chary March 17, 2014, 3:33 am

Unplugging and replugging into a *different* USB port also helps at times..

Saty

Synectikos June 8, 2010, 11:15 pm

I’m having this same issue. The iPhone is properly installed and syncs with iTunes, however it won’t show up in My Computer. I’ve switched USB ports like others have tried and still no worky! Please help. :)

trickYguY June 9, 2010, 3:02 am

Try this:
- Connect your iPhone with computer using data cable.
- Open Device Manager and find your device.
- Right click on it and select uninstall.
- Wait a moment to refresh it.
- Unplug your iPhone from computer and plug it again.
- Windows will reinstall its drivers, i hope this will work.

Synectikos June 9, 2010, 3:56 am

Finally got it to work. I had to actually launch the Camera App on the iPhone in order for Windows to recognize the device as a camera I could copy pictures from.

noruyo June 14, 2010, 8:01 am

Thanks so much! I tried so many methods and this one works for me! Thanks for the enlightenment! (:

Sammyisit September 28, 2010, 5:38 pm

Thanks so much! I really wanted to back my photos up and couldn’t believe there wasn’t a simplier iTunes way to do this.

Coops November 24, 2010, 11:59 am

Cheers mate, worked a charm!

u2rican March 19, 2011, 9:25 am

Thanks so much!!!!! THIS finally worked and now my Iphone imported the pictures! :-) happy heart!

enakshisaidwhaa June 2, 2011, 1:48 pm

GAAH!!! this is not working for meee :( im depressed npw :/

cweidlich June 14, 2012, 7:22 am

I know this is really random and late but this step REALLY REALLY Helped!

Musto March 24, 2013, 5:11 pm

thank you very much …. you gave the simplest working solution.

Subs February 26, 2013, 9:49 am

After making iPhone as camera, I am able to import pictures to my laptop. Great!!!

J.son February 9, 2010, 6:12 am

Do you have installation rights on your Windows 7 computer, Make sure you are logged in as an Administrator or have admin rights.

3GS February 15, 2010, 2:30 pm

Downloaded my iphone 3gs pictures to PC

Steffybaby November 21, 2011, 4:15 am

I have the same prob as geehee cant download frm 3gs except i can still take pics wat can i do my phone is full of pics??

Lilly February 15, 2010, 6:02 pm

Pictures transfer is really easy, Thanks.

soren February 15, 2010, 10:57 pm

I like this and you describe this method to copy iPhone pictures very easily I am very excited to see this, i will try it.

Aakash February 19, 2010, 5:06 am

i transferred my pictures from iPhone to PC

a175rgr June 11, 2010, 5:46 am

If you can’t import photos from your iPhone to your computer (whether Mac of PC), you might want to check to see if you have any photos in the camera roll on your iPhone that did not originate from the iPhone camera (i.e. someone emailed you, taken on another camera, received from your computer, copied from the internet, etc.). If you do then Apple disables your ability to import or sync ANY photos contained on your iPhone until the non-originating photos are removed from the iPhone camera roll. The only work around is to email those non-originating pictures to yourself and then delete them to re-enable your ability to import/sync the remaining photos. I know it’s a pain. Of course you could let Apple know how unsatisfactory this is at: apple.com/feedback

shyamaldilan August 11, 2010, 11:09 am

wow wow wow …… wt a brilliant clue is that !!!!!!
thanks sooo much for this. finally i found the solution for ma problem.

tx tx tx

renato February 22, 2011, 9:39 pm

leaving a comment to let you know that this is great advice and solved my problem! thanks a lot!

koththuwa May 10, 2011, 1:38 pm

thanks very much for your sound advise plus helpful clue!,i was getting to the point giving it up, when i saw your comment, so i deleted a couple of pics i had downloaded, and it worked like a charm. thanks a bunch

jewelrygirl85 July 30, 2011, 9:19 pm

How can I tell what I have taken and what I saved….I can’t get my computer to recognize my iphone as a camera and have like 300 pictures I would like to uplaod. What do I do?? Please help! Thanks

grateful1 July 13, 2012, 8:33 pm

You are a genius. Thanks!

niho August 20, 2012, 11:24 pm

I know you wrote this 2 years ago, but this finally worked! You’re a genius! Thank you!

happy baby September 10, 2012, 9:26 am

Wow, it’s very clear and useful instruction.

max January 24, 2013, 9:37 am

really works, great, thanks!!!!!

maggie January 29, 2013, 8:35 pm

This helps. Excellent advice.

loisb July 19, 2013, 5:24 am

This was great advice. I tried everything – even the genius at the Apple Store didnt have an answer but when I deleted the non iphone photos, the download to my PC worked! Thank you – brilliant!

Synectikos June 15, 2010, 10:18 pm

After successfully importing my photos from the iPhone, iTunes no longer detects my iPhone as a device! Please help.

trickYguY June 16, 2010, 7:29 am

Make sure the following 2 services are running in the Task Manager under services tab.
AppleMobileDevice
iPod Service

If both services are running then also check replies to comment#6 (trickYguY)

Feel free to reply

keiquesim June 26, 2010, 7:36 pm

It isnt working. I cant get it to appear in my computer folder or the window to pop up asking to import. It used to but it doesnt anymore. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, I followed all the steps. It wont work.

trickYguY June 27, 2010, 6:19 pm

Are you using Windows 7 or any other operating system?
Check out other comments for solution.

Harprit Singh August 11, 2010, 9:22 pm

I have tried this option but it do not transfer the HD videos from the iPhone 4 to the computer (Windows). My video is even under 10 minutes.

aamer September 5, 2010, 11:53 pm

I want to copy my picture from iphone to my pc using win7 but its copying only the pictures from Camera roll folder, how about the other folder, how can i copy pictures from other folders to my computer.. does any one knows about it ?

Tony September 12, 2010, 6:49 pm

That is accually the photos not the “Pictures” Pictures and Photos are different. and i want to know how to get your Pictures from Iphone to my pc. Photos is no Problem but Pictures are. help me

BRAMS December 10, 2010, 12:14 am

I am having the same problem as you, I can get my photos onto my computer but can’t get the pictures. Did you ever figure out how to do this?

frank August 29, 2011, 11:18 am

Brams,
Iam having the same problem tranferring pictures from my iphone 4 to my computer HP/PC with windows 7 64bit. I saw the pictures on the computer but they disappeared! Looked everywhere for them!

ashley December 21, 2012, 10:26 pm

same here! gone!! and they’re deleted from my phone :( ever find them?

MikeyWand October 21, 2010, 10:17 pm

Hi,

I used to be able to plug my Iphone 3GS into my pc and laptop and it used to think it was a CAMERA, then I could open the pics/videos and copy them to my desktop or whatever.

A few months ago I noticed my Iphone stopped showing up. Itunes could still find it, but windows could NOT. I’m not sure what changed a few months ago, I have a feeling it was a Itunes update. I have a feeling APPLE is being dumb and not allowing you to easily transfer files you own (they tend to do that)

If I am wrong, and someone knows a way to fix this problem, I would grately appreciate an email response to my problem.

trickYguY October 22, 2010, 2:20 am

This method is still working with all iPhone models and also no problem with latest iTunes.
You can try one of this trick:

Try to plug in your iPhone in different USB port.
See my reply to comment# 5 and 12 as well.

marksman2021 November 17, 2010, 8:17 pm

how do you do the reverse, transferring photos from your pc pictures file to the iphone4? i’ll appreciate any info. i just got my iphone4. if it’s not able to do that, i’m not keeping it. thanks

trickYguY November 18, 2010, 5:26 am

Follow this link to transfer pictures from computer to iPhone 4

Tracey November 28, 2010, 2:49 am

I have a different problem……when I start an import, my PC isn’t seeing ALL of the photos in my Camera Roll – it’s skipping over approximately 60 photos. Wouldn’t you know it, most of these are from a vacation and are specifically the photos I wanted to import! I tried to re-import, thinking my PC would simply pick up everything (warning me about duplicates, etc.), but each time I try to import, it “sees” fewer and fewer of the 250+ photos on my phone. Any suggestions? Thanks for all of the information above, it was really helpful and got me this far along, at least! :)

na0289 January 10, 2011, 9:23 am

soooooooooooo helpful thank u so much!!! :D

smanfa January 20, 2011, 12:51 am

thankyou, i had problems at 1st but i changed a few settings i think under device manager and all of a sudden the iphone device icon appeared all photos are now safe on my pc thankyou for your help

Bart January 25, 2011, 4:19 pm

Thanks. This worked perfectly through My Computer.

fireproof March 3, 2011, 9:04 pm

I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it and am still not getting auto-play or iphone appearing on ‘computer’
any suggestions on what to do next?

fireproof March 3, 2011, 9:12 pm

ignore the above comment, i opened the cam app the plugged it in and auto play worked!!!

Newbie March 6, 2011, 9:44 pm

This was very helpful – thanks! I transferred all my pics to the computer. Now, next time I hook it up to do that, will it transfer all of them again? or will there be an option to just transfer new photos taken since the last time I imported? Thanks again.

Tracey March 14, 2011, 6:57 pm

Hi everyone,
these instructions are nice & clear … BUT I’m not able to complete step 2 as I can’t see my phone in the Windows “Portable Devices” section – it’s just not there.
(screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/3ZSorxE1tcvu)

If anyone has any other suggestion I’d be most grateful!

Until recently, as soon I plugged in my phone, it would transfer my photos – but something changed (no idea what!) and that stopped a few weeks back.

thanks in advance,
Tracey

STINGAREE April 4, 2011, 8:28 pm

Thank you SO MUCH I feel like such a dope for not having
figured that out already, very sweet. Thanks Again

Kenneth Ransdell aka STINGAREE

iPhone123 July 1, 2011, 8:57 am

What if there is no portable device section or iPhone icon?

kawal July 6, 2011, 3:24 pm

While uploading first picture file from PC (windows7)to iphone4, I had no problem but when I loaded the second picture file, it overwrites the first file. Tried many times each time the second file overwrites the exsisting file in the iphone 4. Any one, please help with solution!!

thanks

Ahmed July 8, 2011, 1:46 am

See comments blow to solve iPhone driver issues.

nurseama06 July 27, 2011, 2:45 am

best instructions ever!

Evoen August 6, 2011, 3:26 am

I get an error message saying there are no photos or videos on my iPhone. I wonder if it’s a Windows 7 problem because sometimes it will see the pictures, sometimes it won’t. Very annoying.

geehee November 6, 2011, 8:48 pm

i experience the same problem as well!! its very very annoying and started to mess my college work !!

Sue January 8, 2012, 5:45 am

Hi,

Were you able to solve this problem? I’m having the same problem now and tried different ways, still can’t solve it :(

Thanks!

lelaine11 August 9, 2011, 5:21 am

thanks for the thoughtful, laid-out step-by-step guidance!

frank August 29, 2011, 11:08 am

I downloaded pics beautifully, from my iphone 4, saw them on my computer screen, went to home, desktop came back to my pics, nothing there! went to Start to Computer, double clicked on icon for iphone goes to memory left. When I went back to download again, it said I had no new pics to download. How can I find my pics??????

frank August 29, 2011, 11:39 am

I FOUND MY PICTURES THEY WERE IN AN UNMARKED FOLDER AND I JUST OVER LOOKED THEM, THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR DOWNLOADING WERE EXCELLENT, I JUST HAD MY HEAD UP MY A– AND I PANICED TRYING TO LOOK FOR THEM!!!!! SORRY!!!! ALL MY PICTURES TRANSFERRED, ONES SENT THROUGH TEXTING AND ONES I HAD TAKEN A PICTURE OF AN OLD PIC. I FEEL GREAT! NOW I HAVE BACKUP FOR MY PHONE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

jpangles September 5, 2011, 8:21 pm

I received some photos taken by a friend via e-mail, they were taken on an iphone but I have a PC Windows 7. How do I open them?

shishkebab September 15, 2011, 4:28 pm

Thanks, this was SO easy! The Apple instructions didn’t make any sense and I was about to give up but yours did the trick brilliantly :)

veronaleea September 21, 2011, 8:33 am

Thanks for the help!

jojo1117 October 17, 2011, 9:01 am

My autoplay isn’t popping up and my iphone isn’t showing up in the computer section. Please help, what do I do from here?

geehee November 6, 2011, 8:45 pm

i can’t “IMPORT” photos from my iphone 3gs into my PC !! it sync, but I’m unable to take the photos.. HELP :’( thank you~~

cig32 November 14, 2011, 7:16 pm

This helped thanks you!!!

nick November 22, 2011, 1:07 pm

thnks…..

IPhone Apps Developer December 10, 2011, 4:29 pm

Thanks, it helped me, it was really easy and I could have tried it myself by plugging in the iphone wire to the pc, but it seems we have a hang of google now and we have stopped trying ourselves.

Kunal December 13, 2011, 8:16 am

Thanks for the tutorial. They should have had this facility in iTunes when the phone syncs

Ally December 19, 2011, 3:40 am

When I first got my iphone 4 a yr ago, I could click on the pix I wanted to import from phone to pc…so if i just wanted 2 pix for example I could do this. However, lately I dont have the option, all the pix get imported sometimes theres over 200 pix….its really annoying, how can i change this back to the way it was?? tia

rohit January 16, 2012, 6:38 pm

sir i am not getting iphone icone in my computers

sir i have apple 3gs plzzzzz mail me a support

Sylvie February 2, 2012, 11:54 pm

Hi,
I am able to transfer my pics from my iPhone to my computer and see them without a problem. My problem is that some of the pictures that I took downloaded sideways or completely upside down for whatever reason. I am able to turn them to view them using the arrows, however, when I try to save the pictures upright, I get a message saying :” Windows photo viewer can’t save the picture because there is a problem with the picture’s file properties”. I have tried searching for ways to fix this problem and have had no luck so far. Does anyone know?

Erin February 18, 2012, 12:16 am

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

sailorhank March 7, 2012, 8:07 pm

I am running Windows 7, Iphone 4, and Itunes 10.5.3.3: I plug the phone in at night and in the morning I find a pop up screen in the lower right wanting to download my pictures to the PC.
I have found no way to dictate where the pictures are to be copied or name the pending file. Then I can not find them. They are not in “my pictures”, or downloads. If I had a file name I could do a search. Have any ideas?

Debbie March 11, 2012, 12:11 pm

You should be able to see a little link there that says Import Settings. In there you will find the folder that the pictures are downloaded to, and what path is defined for them. You can change it to whatever you want from there.

Debbie March 11, 2012, 12:12 pm

Thanks for this, it had been downloading automatically when I first got it but with the latest OS update the auto download stopped. I could still get them if I went into the directory and manually found and downloaded, but didn’t think to right click to prompt the auto download.

Eric March 27, 2012, 8:18 am

I just did this recently and works fine. Anyway, my question is if and when I do import a second time, meaning I have already imported once before, will those pictures already imported be re-imported again thus resulting in duplicates? Or does Windows 7 maintain sort of a database of which pictures/videos have been imported and only import those that have not been imported yet?

chloe777619 March 31, 2012, 12:28 am

i cannot access my iphone from the folder ” my computer” not is there a pop-up

angetroy April 7, 2012, 5:01 am

Thank you sooooooooo much!!!

Aequitas April 19, 2012, 1:53 am

I’m using an iPhone 4 and Windows 7 64 bit. I followed your importing instructions. All my pictures came in fine, as did two of my three videos. The third video will not play in any of my media players, however, and I haven’t been able to find anything anywhere on this problem. As a note, the first two videos 25 min, though I don’t see why that would be an issue. Any help would be much appreciated.

Rohan1152 May 24, 2012, 10:00 pm

Hey hi all i hav a problem, i don’t have a iphone but one of my friend mailed me a video that is recorded from iphone and i am not able to open that file in my computer. Please help me how can i open that video on my computer. I am using windows 7.

k1000 May 26, 2012, 3:11 am

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the posts…
I’m running it on Windows XP (SP3) and I’d the same issue for Apple iPhone appearing in windows explorer but couldn’t see any photos.

Thanks for Synectikos, turning on the camera and refreshing windows explorer proved to solve the issue…

So here you’re, it works even on windows XP ;)

Andre June 6, 2012, 8:04 am

I all,

I have windows 7 enterprise at work, and the computer pops up the window when connected but doensÂșt find any pictures in my iphone 4S.
All the picures are taken form the cellphone and I have plenty of them, but the computer says I have none!

Anyone can help me with this problem?

lolo June 22, 2012, 7:19 pm

I’ve transferred all the pictures successfully to my PC (I guess), but, I can not find them! I wrote down the file name and have searched and searched. Obviously, I must have left off the end of the name. It tells me they are located in “my pictures”. Not there! I tried to re-transfer the pictures and it says there are no new pictures. Can someone please give me an idea of where to find my pics?! Thanks!

d mangone June 28, 2012, 2:06 am

Check the “my pictures” folder. I had to scroll down the list until I found the correct date, clicked on it and they were all there.

Lolo July 16, 2012, 12:54 am

Thanks! I had to get my husband to help find them. Finally did!

mohit June 30, 2012, 7:39 am

actually i have iphone 3gs bt it is unable to copy all fotos from it. the fotos which are in camera roll are being copied to my laptop bt else cant can u help me :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmignacio July 4, 2012, 7:34 am

jmignacio July 4, 2012, 7:35 am

Hi got a problem with this one. I cannot transfer my photos from iphone to pc when i updated my itunes to version 10. no autoplay window popped up and has not detected any portable device like before. but i can access my iphone through itunes. i have so many photos to transfer yet i cannot.. pls help is there any settings that i should change? thanks i’ll appreciate your big help.. :( and also im using windows XP. thanks again..

wireless transfer app August 21, 2012, 8:23 am

you can simply download the iOS app “Wireless Transfer App” to help you if the Wi-Fi connection is available on both your iPhone and your Windows 7.

Tracy September 3, 2012, 6:45 pm

Trying to transfer photos onto the computer, it says “the scanner or camera is in use. Please try again later”. Please help…..

Seggy September 6, 2012, 1:47 pm

Hi, have got to tranfer some picture from my Iphone to my PC without success, using Window 2010. Do you have any idea on how I should go about this? With Window 7 no problem.

Bpolite70 September 17, 2012, 9:50 pm

Thanks! worked perfectly.

B

chulachocks September 18, 2012, 5:21 am

thanks so much for your directions, it was pretty painless to transfer from my i-phone to Laptop (Vista), at first I couldn’t see the device listed but then plugged and un-plugged and it appeared. Happy camper here :)

grimmizz October 5, 2012, 9:24 pm

I am running Win7 32 I have a iPhone 4 all updates are complete. When importing photos/videos it takes TOO long. The total # of pic/vid’s were 628 and it has been importing for 20 hours now and at 586 of 628. Am I doing something wrong? It shouldn’t take this long for this.

wooders322 November 19, 2012, 4:17 am

Thanks so much, So simple but yet I would never have though of it!

anjli December 27, 2012, 2:27 pm

thank you very much ..

kreda1234 January 20, 2013, 4:45 am

thank you very much for this simple but yet highly useful info

RR February 4, 2013, 10:03 pm

There is one essential thing you should add to these instructions. I had a problem where I could see the phone on my Win 7 computer but the DCIM-folder was empty. The fix for it is dead simple: WHEN YOU CONNECT THE IPHONE TO YOUR COMPUTER, MAKE SURE THAT THE PHONE IS UNLOCKED AND SHOWING THE HOME SCREEN.

At least this might occur running iOS 5 and later. I suggest you add this to the tutorial.

Cheers!

pantscat March 15, 2013, 3:04 pm

your are a genious (and saved me from unnecessarily deleting loads of downloaded photos). Thank you!

cr June 13, 2013, 3:03 am

Ensuring that the phone is UNLOCKED and on HOME SCREEN, thank you, I thought I was going to have to email myself many times, you saved me a load of work.

AdrianPilling August 9, 2013, 1:22 am

Hi,
‘Thank you for a great resource. I too am having hassles importing pictures and videos from my iphone5 to my PC mindows 7. I have followed all the instructions and it DOES import the photos. I have selected the date taken option so that each photo taken on a particular day has a folder. Great but here is the problem. The imported photos are re numbered from 001,002. etc for each day. I want the camera/iphone numbering not new numbers. What do I need to do please?

Many thanks
Adrian

heatherrae August 13, 2013, 5:20 am

this worked for me finally !!!!!!! ive been trying to get my pictures off my phone for months ! thanks !!

Phil December 5, 2013, 12:50 am

I was having this problem until I did this:
When you first plug in the iphone you have to unlock the screen and say “Trust’ to give the computer access to your photos. If you don’t do this step it will say “No photo’s found”

bil February 2, 2014, 12:44 am

none of the above apply I get no screens as discribed I get itunes screen showing my phone,

TrickyWays February 3, 2014, 4:03 pm

When you plug in your iPhone with your System can you see the device icon in My Computer window? Also please tell me what Windows version and iPhone device do you have?

DAVE S. February 5, 2014, 6:24 am

SO FAST! And, very easy. My son-in-law is a techie and works for a major computing firm. He had me do this once before and it took about 14 steps to complete; Of course, I couldn’t remember all that and failed to write it down. Your message was a welcome find. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I have to remind myself often of the power of “right click” when nothing else seems to work.

DAVE S. February 5, 2014, 6:29 am

I have another album on my iPhone with pictures that are different from the camera roll I just imported. Is there a way I can designate those for transfer as well?

DAVE S. February 5, 2014, 8:09 am

I have an iPhone 4 and am using Windows 7.

P.Rocket March 18, 2014, 9:09 am

what about photos that have been transferred to iphone that were stored on the computer, i cant seem to get rid of them! and its taking up heaps of storage. when i did the above it only picked up recent photos not the photos transferred from my computer to my iphone that have been on there for ages cos i dont know how to get rid of them :( Help me PLEASE

Jaden Tran April 18, 2014, 1:38 pm

I do it successfully, found this from Google Search. I’m using Windows 7and iPhone 5s.

John Opo May 16, 2014, 4:49 am

My computer says that I have no new picture, but I have plenty of picture I’d like to import.

TrickyWays May 16, 2014, 11:54 pm

It means you already transferred pictures to Windows computer once and now there is no new picture to transfer.

Try This:
Capture a new picture with your phone camera then try to transfer.

khushi June 18, 2014, 11:34 am

I recently changed my shattered iPhone 4s screen myself, my phone is working but I guess I did something wrong and touch isn’t working. I want to transfer by pics to my windows 7 laptop before I take any further steps but I’m not able to do so. When I connect my phone via USB the DCMI folder is empty even though I can see that only 600Mb space is empty and rest all space is occupied. I know its my pictures that have occupied it, is there anyway I can transfer my pictures.

betty June 20, 2014, 7:52 am

I think i have transfer pic but not sure, and I didn’t ease any so I want to reload all my pic to the computer, but keep getting there no new pic to load, how can I reload all the files to my computer again.

Ahmed June 25, 2014, 1:48 am

Please check the “Import settings” in the Step-3 and there might be an option to Import all images every-time you import them instead of new one only.

I you choose option “Erase after importing” option then of course you have removed them from iPhone, iPad of iPod Touch the device you are using..

Marvin July 6, 2014, 12:32 pm

can`t put my picture in my computer