Do you want to transfer Contacts, Photos, Music, PDFs/Books, and more from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch? In this guide, you will learn to transfer content manually, you can use the Move to iOS method to transfer data automatically to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If this doesn’t work for you then you have to do it manually using the following method.
Photos and Videos
You need to use a computer to transfer the Photos and Video from your Android device to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Follow the given steps to transfer:
- On your PC, connect your Android device to the computer and it will be available with the other drives. Open the connected device and on most devices, you will find the photos and video files in the DCIM > Camera folder. Mac users can install Android File Transfer and then open it to view the files in DCIM > Camera.
- Select all the videos and photos that you want to transfer and move them to your computer.
- Now, remove your Android device from the computer and connect the new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch device to the computer.
- Mac users with macOS Catalina or later version installed needs to open Finder, macOS Mojave or earlier version or PC user needs to use iTunes to sync the Photos and Videos to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Once you sync the photos and videos then you can find them on your device in Photos App.
eBooks and PDFs
To transfer your books and PDFs from the Android device, you can either import the eBooks to your iOS device or can access using an app like Kindel, Nook, Google Play Books, and others. Simply install the required app on your device from the App Store, sign in using your account’s information.
You need to use a computer to transfer ePub books and PDFs from Android to iOS devices. Follow the given steps:
- Connect your Android device to the computer and on PC look for the PDFs and books in the Documents. Mac users can install the Android File Transfer and then open it, go to the Documents to view the books.
- To transfer it to the computer, select all the PDF and Books that you want to move and then drag them to your computer.
- Now, disconnect your Android device from the computer and connect the iPhone, or iPad to your computer.
- Mac users running macOS Catalina can simply open the Books app and drag the Books and PDFs into it. If you are running macOS Mojave or an earlier version or using Windows PC, then you need to use iTunes and sync the ePub book and PDFs. After syncing, you can find all the books and PDFs in the Books > Library section.
Files and Documents
You might be using different storage services to store your files or documents, services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or Microsoft OneDrive, You can download the app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and you can access all your documents anywhere.
If you are not using any of the cloud services and files/documents are stored on your device then follow the above ebooks and PDFs method to transfer the documents to iOS device.
Mail, contacts, and calendars
Moving your email accounts, contacts and calendars is as simple as adding an account on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Just go to Settings > Mail > Accounts and start adding your accounts from email providers like Google, Microsoft, Microsoft Exchange, Yahoo, and more.
- After adding an email account, go to Settings > Mail > Accounts, select your account and turn on the settings for Mail, Contacts, and calendars.
Most of the common apps are available on both Android and iOS platforms. So, just go to the App Store and find the app to install it.
If you need any help transferring your content to the new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, please leave a comment below and we will be happy to help your to solve the problem.