Today, I was trying to logged in to my Google account and I have enabled 2-step verification on it. I entered the username and password on Google account login page and successfully verified the username password but on 2nd step of verification by Google authentication code its not working. I was using codes generated by Authenticator app on my Phone I know my codes are correct, then what is the problem?
So, how to solve Google authentication code failed problem, when you username and password is correct.
Google Authenticator app on your phone generate code is dependent on your device time. To solve this problem I found 2 method to solve it.
- Make sure your device time is correct and then try to use codes generated by Authenticator app.
- Use the Google “Time Correction for codes” option in Google Authenticator settings.
- Open Google Authenticator app on your device
- Tap Menu > Settings and then Tap “Time correction for codes” option
- Tap “Sync Now” option, after syncing you will get a success message.
If you still unable to solve your 2-Step authentication code problem, please a comment below.