Smartphones are no doubt blessings but sometimes issues get so complicated. Nexus device Force reset or resetting it to factory settings will help you to get your default settings back in case you have got some weird issues in your phone. Factory reset also known as hard reset is quite useful when you want to load fresh Android OS, forgot password/pattern or in case you want to sell your phone and want its settings to go back to default one. This is a complete guide to show you how to factory reset Nexus 5X.
Factory Reset LG Nexus 5X
Restoring LG Nexus 5X to factory settings will wipe everything. By doing that, your phone will be as new as you just turned it on first time. Before you have started doing the factory reset, you should check the preparation guide which will be like as mentioned below:
- If any Google account is associated with the device then you must know the username and password for that account so you can enter it after factory reset.
- This guide can only be used with Google Nexus 5X.
- You need to make sure that your phone is fully charged. This process may take longer time and if your battery is not charged, this process can be halted in the middle.
- If you have any data in your phone which you want to save, better create a backup of that before you do factory reset or all of your data will be lost.
- Once the backup is done, you must sync all of your contacts because you would not want to lose it.
Once you have gone through all these steps, you are good to do factory reset / hard reset your phone. There are two methods of factory reset which have been mentioned in this guide.
Factory reset from recovery mode
This method to reset Nexus 5X is handy when Android OS is not loading and you can’t access Nexus 5X settings menu or forgot phone pattern/password. If you can access settings menu then follow the next easy process.
- To get into recovery mode make sure your phone is turned off.
- Once your phone is completely turned off, Press and hold the Volume-down and Power buttons simultaneously and release the buttons when you see Android logo screen.
- Here, use the Volume button to navigate the options, go to option “Recovery mode” and then use the Power button to confirm the selection.
- On the next screen where you see Android logo with text “No command.”, here while holding power button press and release Volume-up button.
- If you successfully press both buttons then you will see a menu like screenshot below. Here, using Volume button navigate to “Wipe data/factory reset” option and the press the power button to confirm the selection.
- Next you need to select “Yes” to confirm and start the Nexus 5X hard reset process.
Hard Reset from Android Settings
- First of all, open app drawer menu and launch main settings.
- Scroll-down to find and select the option “Backup & reset”.
- On the Backup & reset page, tap Factory data reset option.
- On Factory data reset page read the message carefully. This will erase all of your phone’s data from internal storage, including: Photos, Music, Apps and app settings, all accounts, and any other user data or accounts as well.
- When you are ready to do that, Tap RESET PHONE button at the bottom of the screen and you might be asked to confirm device password or pattern. Once done this will start resetting Nexus 5X to factory default. Factory reset process will be completed in a while.
Be patient during factory reset process and this will take some time to reset Nexus 5X to default settings and your phone will be as good as new.
Any question? leave comment below and we will do our best to solve your problem as quickly as possible.
Useless… the ATT software installed by the ATT rep remains.
That cr*p was not there from the factory.
What does it take to purge all 3rd party “enhancements”?
I did the hard reset and its in a firmware update that is not loading
I ran a hard reset and it has a firmware update that is not processing