iPhone 8 reboot/force restart method is different from previous generation iPhone. To force restart iPhone 7 or 7 Plus you need to press and hold Volume Down + Power simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. When you try to use same buttons combination to reboot iPhone 8 / 8 Plus then you will see an emergency SOS screen. iPhone 8 and 8 Plus user need to press three buttons in a particular order. So, do you want to know how to force restart iPhone 8?
Why force restart iPhone?
Restarting iPhone is usually not needed, but force restart might be required when you might facing a problem like these:
- iPhone frozen and not responding.
- Apps stuck not responding
- Any hardware component problem.
- You feel iPhone is bit slower.
iPhone 8 buttons to force restart
Force restart iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
To force reboot iPhone 8 or 8 Plus you need to follow these instructions and have to press and release the buttons in a sequence.
- First, press and release the Volume-up button
- Instantly press and release Volume-down button
- Press and hold the Side button for approx. 10 seconds. Keep holding the Side button until you see Apple Logo.
Note: the Sleep/Wake button is now called Side Button for iPhone 8, 8 Plus and iPhone X
You will see Apple logo once you successfully restart iPhone If you failed to restart iPhone 8 or 8 Plus in the first attempt try the same sequence again.