Did you ever in a situation when you sent a message to the wrong person on WhatsApp, and want to delete that quickly? Well, it usually happens with me lots of times. Before going into more details let’s know a little bit about this app.
WhatsApp is one of the most used apps with more than 1 billion users and increasing. This app becomes popular among smartphone users since long due to its simple and reliable messaging for free over WiFi or Cellular data. WhatsApp team is adding up new features time to time and currently allows text messaging, Group messaging, Audio/Video calling, Sharing videos/Photos and other files with WhatsApp users. Above all WhatsApp is a secure way of communication as it comes with end-to-end encryption which means your messages and calls are secured so only you and the person you’re communicating with can read or listen to them, and nobody in between, not even WhatsApp.
See also: WhatsApp tips and tricks you must know
Technology where comes with convenience also has some harms. Sometimes we send messages by mistake to some group or some individual, which can be harmful or embarrassing. Similar to Skype that allows you to delete messages that you just sent. WhatsApp came up with the same solution for that and added a built-in feature into WhatsApp which lets users remove messages that just sent accidentally to a group or individual. There is a time limit, and within the 7 minutes, you can delete the message or file you just sent. By doing so this message or file will disappear from conversations. Follow these steps whenever you want to remove the sent message on Whatsapp.
Delete sent messages on WhatsApp mobile
- Open WhatsApp and go to the chat containing the message you wish to delete.
- Tap and hold the message to select and to enable selection mode. Optionally, tap more messages to delete multiple messages at once.
- Tap Delete icon on the top (Android) or bottom (iOS: iPhone / iPad) of screen > Delete for everyone.
Delete message on WhatsApp desktop
WhatsApp web or desktop version users can delete the conversation message by doing the following steps.
- Click the downward arrow on the right side of the message and then click Delete message option.
- A confirmation window will appear, select the appropriate option and that it. Options are self explanatory weather you want to delete message for everyone or only you.
Messages you delete for everyone will be replaced with “This message was deleted” in the receivers chats (*). You can only delete messages for everyone within 7 minutes after sending. When seven mins. have passed there is no way to delete a sent message for everyone. For this feature to be effective, both sender and receiver will need the latest WhatsApp installed.