When you set up an Apple ID with your iOS device and backup photos, videos and other stuff on iCloud. On your Windows PC, you might want to download or view photos that you stored on iCloud backup. Apple allows you to see iCloud backup files on your PC through a browser or using a Windows iCloud application.
Access Photos stored on iCloud [Using Browser]
You can access iCloud backup Photos, contacts, mail, calendar, notes, reminder and other documents online using official icloud.com website. To see pictures you stored on iCloud, follow the given instructions below.
- Open your web browser on your computer and go to icloud.com website. Sign in to iCloud using your Apple ID and Password. If Two-factor authentication of on then you have to allow and enter the verification code that sent to your device.
- Once you successfully logged in to your account, you will see and similar screen with different icons. To view iCloud Photos, click the Photos icon.
- On the next screen, you can see your backed up photos on iCloud. In the left column, you can view all the photo albums: Favorites, Videos, Live Photos, Time-lapse, Slo-mo, Portraits, Screenshots, Animated, Deleted, and WhatsApp as well. You can select any album and filter the photos showing on the right side.
Download iCloud backup photos
First, select the photos that you want to download. Use Ctrl keyboard key to select more than one photos, click the “download selected items” button (cloud with downwards arrow icon). To make sure you are downloading original quality photos as they captured or imported. When you rollover the download icon you will notice, and a tiny arrow appears. Click this arrow and make sure “unmodified originals” option is selected.
Once the desired option is selected, select the shots and click the download button to save photos in your PC.
Delete a photo from iCloud backup
When you are viewing the iCloud photo backup online. Select any picture that you want to delete or press Ctrl and keep selecting multiple photo thumbnails. Once selected, click the Trash icon above in the header.
Download All iCloud Photos to Windows PC [using iCloud App]
If you want to download all the photos available on iCloud backup directly to Windows PC. You can install the iCloud app for Windows and then download and upload pictures.
- Download and install the iCloud desktop app for Windows.
- Run the iCloud app and Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Now, open iCloud download folder to start downloading all the photos saved in iCloud. Press Windows + E keyboard keys to open File Explorer. In the left section select “iCloud Photos”. Click the button “Download photos and videos” above in the toolbar.
- Select the option, All to download all the pictures or choose a year to download photos of a specific year.
- Double click to open Downloads folder to view all the photos downloaded from iCloud backup.
This may take some time to download, depending on the number of files and size. Wait for iCloud app to download selected photos and videos from the iCloud backup.
Change iCloud photos download folder in Windows
By default iCloud download folder path on Windows is
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Pictures\iCloud Photos\Downloads. You can change the folder location to another partition.
- Open the iCloud app and then click the Options button in front of Photos.
- On the next window, there is an option “Download new photos and videos to my PC”. You can see there is a path to the download folder. To change this path click the Change button and select a new location for the iCloud picture.
- Once new folder selected, click the Done button and then hit Apply to save the settings.
Now all the photos and videos downloaded from iCloud will be saved in the new location.