You might want to download your favorite videos offline to watch them later even without internet connection. In this guide, you will learn how to download and save videos from YouTube, Facebook, DailyMotion, Vimeo, and others on your iPhone or iPad devices. You can move the downloaded videos to Photos app in the Camera Roll, in the Files app of iOS, or even share with your friends through WhatsApp or other apps.
- To download videos offline on your iPhone you need to install an app called “Documents by Readdle” from the AppStore.
- You also need the URL of the video that you want to download. You can quickly get the video URL from YouTube, Facebook, DailyMotion, Vimeo and more by just using the Share button available on the video while playing it.
Download YouTube / Facebook Videos on iPhone
By following this method, you can download videos from Youtube, Facebook, Dailymotion, Vimeo and lots of other video websites. So, let’s start and see the process to save videos offline.
- Open up the App Store and search for the “Documents by Readdle” app.
- Download and then open the “Documents” app that you just installed on your iPhone or iPad.
- In this app tap the browser icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- In this browser, go to “savefrom.net” website. You might see some ads, tap the Close button to ignore.
- Now, we need the URL for the video that you want to download and save offline. Let’s say we want to download a video from YouTube.
- Open the YouTube app, search for the video that you want to download.
- In the search results, simply click the dotted menu and then tap Share > Copy Link. While playing a video, you can also tap the Share button and then hit “Copy Link” to copy the video link.
- Now, switch back to the “Documents” app, Paste the video URL in the text box. The “Documents” app will load the video automatically. Just choose the video format and hit the Download button.
- To see the downloading video, tap the folder icon at the bottom-left corner of the screen and then tap the “Downloads” folder.
- Here you can see video downloading is in progress; this may take some time depending on the video size and your internet connection.
Move video to Camera Roll
Once the download completed, you can move this video to Photos or Camera roll.
- In the Downloads folder of the Documents app, tap the dotted menu in front of that video file and then tap Move option and select the “Photos” and hit “Move to Photos” option at the bottom of the screen.
Now, see the Photos app and your downloaded video will be available in the Camera Roll.